ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AppleCare Protection Plan and One to One

A silver one
Hello,

So as the release of Lion is imminent, I'm getting ready to purchase my first Mac.

What are peoples opinions / thoughts on the above 2 Apple products? What do they actually give me and are they worth purchasing?

Please note I'm 99% sure I'm going to go for the AppleCare, just because people seem to rate it on here (even though I'm not 100% sure what it actually gives me).

Thanks in advance for your responses.

cheers,
Matt

I got AppleCare purely because of how much my iMac cost me and the cost/difficulty to fix it. It something goes wrong (logic board etc) after 2 years. They'll fix it or replace it with the something of equal spec. Definitely worth it.

I wouldn't pay for OnetoOne. It's not really that complex to work out how to use a Mac. That's part of the fun. There's a few threads where we all told Rob how to do everything, so you're better off saving your money and asking us lot. Or seeing if you can get them to chuck it in for free.

Apple care extends your warranty to 3 years.

Well worth it as they will fix it without any hassle.

One to one....depends on your abilities tbh.

Also if you buy a mac now with snow leopard then you'll get a free upgrade to lion when its released.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Quick question regarding Apple Care as I've been told 2 things from 2 different stores!

Can I buy Apple Care in the US and use it for a UK machine?

Cheers
Simon