ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple TV

Which is the best way to JB 4.4.2?

I've read downgrading to 4.4.1, then 4.4, then 4.3.3 through Seas0nPass?

I can't downgrade from 4.4.2.

Can only see the 4.3 firmware which keeps failing.

Would rather the untethered.

I can't downgrade from 4.4.2.

Can only see the 4.3 firmware which keeps failing.

Would rather the untethered.

Mine allowed a downgrade to 4.3 yesterday. Download the standard firmware, put the aTV into DFU mode then hold command and click restore to select the FW. Once it's done do the JB.

Mine allowed a downgrade to 4.3 yesterday. Download the standard firmware, put the aTV into DFU mode then hold command and click restore to select the FW. Once it's done do the JB.

You went from 4.4.2 direct to 4.3? Will try that.

I've downloaded two 4.3 IPSW files.

AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F191m_Restore
AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F455_Restore

Either?

Ok, I've restored through iTunes (AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F455_Restore) and it appears to work.

Will have to wait 'til I'm home to plug it into the TV and check the firmware, then will JB it.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Thinking about buying one of these ATVs though I have one question:

"I have just started ripping DVDs to my iMac then "Handbraking" them to Apple Universal format, importing them into iTunes and syncing them onto our iPhones and iPad. Movies work perfectly on these devices.

My question is, will having the movies in Apple Universal format look "pants" on my big LED TV ie. will I have to reformat the movies to ATV2 option to get the best picture and sound and will ATV2 format still work on my IOS devices?".

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
We use streamtome on the iPhone/iPad.

You run the server application on your mac and it transcodes stuff on the fly and sends it to your iPhone/iPad etc. The best bit is that it supports Airplay, so you select what you want to play on the iPhone, and then it serves it directly to the Apple TV.

Our ATV2 was jailbroken, but reverted back to normal firmware after using streamtome.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Plex does transcoding. None of my media is converted.

Yeah, but we find it much easier & quicker to control with an iPhone/iPad, although there's probably a plex remote or something.

If we hadn't had TiVO installed we'd probably still be running a jailbroken ATV, but with the TiVO it really doesn't gain us anything extra.

Ibiza FR
Thinking about buying one of these ATVs though I have one question:

"I have just started ripping DVDs to my iMac then "Handbraking" them to Apple Universal format, importing them into iTunes and syncing them onto our iPhones and iPad. Movies work perfectly on these devices.

My question is, will having the movies in Apple Universal format look "pants" on my big LED TV ie. will I have to reformat the movies to ATV2 option to get the best picture and sound and will ATV2 format still work on my IOS devices?".

I have done this with a lot of my films. As long as you didn't select iPhone in the presets or change the resolution to something stupidly low, then they will look fine on the TV.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Just switched to quartz and had a declutter on xbmc. Looks great now.

bcdd18c6-6f6e-53a2.jpg

FFS Tom, you're giving me more ideas.

Literally just finished downgrading to 4.3, then JB'd it, and added IF.

Works great. What is that you have? A skin?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
One thing i would like to do is map shortcuts within an addon, but im guessing thats impossible.

With IF, I've noticed a few 720p content stutters.

E.g. The TV series 'Ringer', episode 1. in 720p stutters every 10-15 seconds, but the DVD option is flawless.

However the 720p of IF on my laptop works fine. Current Internet is running at 5/6mb on tests, so can only be the ATV having the issue.

(it's stuttering, not buffering)

What a bellend. I just bought one one of these a bit of an impulse when out, got home to set it up. Then remembered my iTunes library is on my old mac mini which is (and can only) running iTunes 9. Which isn't compatible with it.

f**k my stupid life.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I'm not sure AirPlay works peer to peer you need to check that out.

Audi S1
With IF, I've noticed a few 720p content stutters.

E.g. The TV series 'Ringer', episode 1. in 720p stutters every 10-15 seconds, but the DVD option is flawless.

However the 720p of IF on my laptop works fine. Current Internet is running at 5/6mb on tests, so can only be the ATV having the issue.

(it's stuttering, not buffering)

I have simular issues. I normally just give it a couple of seconds and it goes away, like it needs to buffer.

However mine seems to cut out at 18 minutes on somethings :(

Was just checking it was a known issue, rather than just me.

I've no intention in films, just the odd tv show.