ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple TV

I rather fancy one of these, I was demonstraited one in PC world and it seemed to be quite a nice piece of kit.

Has anyone got one? Would you reccomend one? Whats all this talk about the US getting more content then the UK? :S

Thanks.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
The US do get more content but it's possible to get a US iTunes account ... I like my one, especially since now it's linked up to my NAS.

There's a topic on here somewhere already.

I use mine frequently to stream music from my iPhone, pictures from my iPad and movies from my media centre.

For the price it's an awesome piece of kit, and you can use your iPhone/iPad to control it.

AK

M240i
The US do get more content but it's possible to get a US iTunes account ... I like my one, especially since now it's linked up to my NAS.

I thought I saw Revels say in another thread all you had to do was buy an American iTunes gift card off eBay and register as a new user?

Magic.

I apologise if there is another thread. I checked but to no avail.

Is the UK movie rental anything to write home about?

DB.

BMW 440i
If you do the US gift card thing, do you have to make a whole new account?

You wouldn't lose your current purchases would you? (Slightly silly q, just checking)

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
No, because you'll have a US account AND a UK account. Use a different email address and a US postal address.

DB.

BMW 440i
Just did a bit of research, I understand now.

You have to keep on paying with the giftcards though, seems a lot of hassle!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
If it's a US account you'll need a Paypal / Bank cards registered for the US.

The gift cards have been no problem for me, slightly more expensive than normal but I get to watch things that I wouldn't normally get to watch!

DB.

BMW 440i
Do the americans get films months earlier?

What extra content etc thats worth doing this for?

AK

M240i
Think it's mostly for TV shows mate? They get them months in advance of us and some don't air over here.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah this is correct. plus the US store (currently) lets you use it without a VPN

Citroen DS3 DSport
I have all my media stored on a networked drive and that works great with XBMC's auto library function.

Rav4
I have all my media stored on a networked drive and that works great with XBMC's auto library function.

Which theme are you using and have you added any extra plugins? I am not getting on with XBMC too much, just don't find it too logical and requires a bit of setting up that I have not spent too much looking into

Citroen DS3 DSport
Which theme are you using and have you added any extra plugins? I am not getting on with XBMC too much, just don't find it too logical and requires a bit of setting up that I have not spent too much looking into

I'm using the default theme as I prefer that and I have installed a few plugins, one of which is BBC iPlayer.