ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple and Data Protection

57 Clio Campus Sport
My parents phoned up Apple to order a MBP for my sister today. While they were on the phone they were told that a Macbook had been delivered to this address before. This was my Macbook that they had no idea about. I ordered my Macbook in my name and they were told about it even though they were ordering in someone else's name.

Am I right in thinking that this breaks data protection?

Giving a customer information about another customer and their orders?

Audi S1
If I called up Apple and when "Jobs, I want a MBP please' and he went 'You have already had one delivered to this address' I would be like yes and now I want another... biatch!

How you going to prove they told you this?

'I'm sorry to hear about your recent problem regarding an online order. I can assure you that we take the data protection act very seriously. The operator was just trying to ascertain he had the correct address and no personal information was revealed. This is something we do because often people have multiple orders and this can stop any problems occurring. I hope this has answered your question, if I can be of any further assistance don't hesitate to contact me'

Will be the sort of reply you get! Lol. Although I' guessing its the same surname? So they probably just trying to make things easier.

57 Clio Campus Sport
'I'm sorry to hear about your recent problem regarding an online order. I can assure you that we take the data protection act very seriously. The operator was just trying to ascertain he had the correct address and no personal information was revealed. This is something we do because often people have multiple orders and this can stop any problems occurring. I hope this has answered your question, if I can be of any further assistance don't hesitate to contact me'

Will be the sort of reply you get! Lol. Although I' guessing its the same surname? So they probably just trying to make things easier.

I dislike you very much.