ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AP Racing Brakes

Guys i have another thread open about the size of the master Cylinder BUT...

I need some advice..

I have a Clio 182 with AP Racing 4 POTS and from what i can tell it has KTR braided lines aswell.. BUT i seem to have alot of pedal travel.. has anyone else had this..

I have Bleed the brakes, Done a full brake fluid change, Checked for un-even wear on the pads, No leaks as Fluid has not reduced.

Anyone know what may be causing this or how to fix it..

Bigger cylinder, different lines or anything else??

Ta

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
As you got more pistons to move in your brakes, its using more fluid to push the pistons therefore more travel in your pedal, only way to resolve this is i believe a bigger master cylinder

Lionel Richie
not neccesarily, the 4 pistons could share the same area as the stock single piston, or in some cases be smaller

Ok, so .. I guess i need 2 find out the volume of fluid needed to move the pistons including rears and the amount of volume the standard cylinder pushes out..... Does anyone know either of these stats??

@fred... What else could it be??

Assuming you haven't changed the rears.

Just measure the diameter of the pistons in the new calipers and the old. Then work out the total area ((pi*(diameter/2))^squared) for each setup.

If the new setup has a much larger piston area you will need more fluid to push them out.

Surely someone else must have these that you could ask? Or the company you bought them from?

i believe it is the off the shelf kit from Daemon tweaks.. not 100% sure what pads i believe the DS-2500

@Watson: i dont believe it is this as i got my local garage who does all me work to changed the fluid

RS2'd Trophy
as Fred said, on my saxo I went from the gti6 brake setup with the 23mm m/c and went for a hi spec moster setup and the pedal travel was less, check your pads, air in the system or something maybe flexing somewhere if all that fails upgrade the m/c size.

James

James as far as i and the garage can tell everything else seems ok... As long as the KTR lines are ok? what peoples experiences with these .....

What M/C can i put on .. i.e megane or clio 200 or something, or do i need to take old one off and try 2 find 1 with same figment

Dodgy one
I was under the impression you have to bleed the inside and outside a couple of times on 4 pots to get all the air out, Bleeding just one side wont work

TBH i have no experience with 4Pots but i noe when i done it i bleed 1 half the the other is this how it should be done?

RS2'd Trophy
just have a check to see if the bleed nipples point up and dont face down, that was the pitfall I fell in.

Have you pressure bled them or he conventional pumping the brake pedal way?

the bleed nipples are facing up.. im not sure how he done it, i used the conventional pump pedal whats the difference?

RS2'd Trophy
get them pressure bled as Fred said you will then at least know they are bled and it must be the m/c