ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone's iPhone 4 lock button stopped working?

For some completely unknown reason, as I got my phone out as I was track side at Llandow today, the lock button gradually stopped working.

As I try it now, it has no 'click', and doesn't move at all (and obviously doesn't wake the phone up).

Quite a major problem if the phone dies, as I won't be able to turn it back on (or does it turn on when you connect a charger?) Either way, it's not good.

This happened to anyone?

As I've got the day off tomorrow it looks like I'm off to Apple Store Bristol (again!!).

This will be my third IP4S :(

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Re: Anyone's IP4 lock button stopped working?

The actual on/off button?

Yes you can turn it on by plugging in the charger.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Book a bar appointment and they will take a look.

If your battery goes dead,plotting it on charge will cause the phone to turn itself on. In the meantime, go to Settings -> General -> Accessibility, and at the bottom is a feature called Assistive Touch. Turn this on.

A small circle will appear on your screen which you can drag around to different positions on the screen. When you tap on it, some options will appear. One of these options is "device", tap it the there will be an option to lock your screen.

This will solve your issue for the next 24 hrs. :)

Ged

PD130 Peach
Re: Anyone's IP4 lock button stopped working?

mines just really hard to press, mind my phone has had some "accident damage" and the chassis is bent :p making lock button a sometimes 2 handed job to press aha

My button died too when you pushed it it was really spongy and nothing happened

I fixed it the other night!

Open the back of your phone (2 very small screws at the bottom either side of the charge point) undo them then slide the back upwards and it will come away.

Now above your camera is the lock button I got a VERY small flat blade screw driver folded up a tiny peice of paper and wedged it in gradually between the button and the contact board keep testing the button making sure it works when your happy back goes back on (slide downwards) then the screw go back in ;)

Boom!

Worked for me anyway

Nick

AK

M240i
Or you could take it to Apple as have an approved repair as it'll still be in warranty.

FYI, for anyone else who has this problem....

Went in the Apple today and they replaced the phone....no hassle at all. Quick and easy straight swap :)