ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone's clio left on their street ?

182 ff
ive come home to a letter from the council regarding my clio which apprently hasnt moved for 3 months and is now a issue with the local council

she tried to give me some bullshit story about it hasnt moved so there for its now stopping them cleaning the streets ?

its fully taxed and mot'ed lol

wanna ring up and go ape but knowing my luck it will get lifted the next day

anyone else have their car sitting outside minding its own bis ?

Why hasn't it moved? Just drive it forward?

+1! or really annoy them and turn it round the other way and put it back in exactly the same spot!

Council cleaning the streets and actually caring? sounds like you have a good council ;)

Flame 172 (Ph2)
This sounds very bizarre.

I have never even heard of the council being at all bothered about a parked car when cleaning the streets?

I would definitely call up to enquire (don't go ape), largely because my thoughts are that it is one of two things:

- A neighbour has reported your car as abandonned, for either they don't like you parking your car where you do, or they just don't like you.

- A neighbour has drafted up a fake letter!

Eitherway you need to find out, and should it be a legitimate letter, you certainly need to inform the council that your car is used and not abandoned.

Like you say, its taxed & tested (and I assume it's insured too) so you can legally park where you do so you shouldn't have any issues.

S3, Polo
Assuming it's parked considerately, is insured, taxed and tested and not in a restricted zone (pay and display or residents parking/ double yellows) then I'd Imagine you're within your rights to do as you please?

Maybe speak to the CAB?

Clio.
Reply to them and say your car will move from its current location, at aprrox 13.00 on a certain date (preferably a sunday), to be returned to its exact position at 13.30 on the same date, that gives them exactly 30 mins to clean that exact spot.
If they cannot do it in that time, then bad boys!!......

Or just tell them to PHUCK OFF!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
as above really, if its all legal there shouldn't be an issue. and there must be loads in a similar position, guys on tour in the army, blokes who do 6 months on oil rigs etc etc

182 ff
This sounds very bizarre.

I have never even heard of the council being at all bothered about a parked car when cleaning the streets?

I would definitely call up to enquire (don't go ape), largely because my thoughts are that it is one of two things:

- A neighbour has reported your car as abandonned, for either they don't like you parking your car where you do, or they just don't like you.

- A neighbour has drafted up a fake letter!

Eitherway you need to find out, and should it be a legitimate letter, you certainly need to inform the council that your car is used and not abandoned.

Like you say, its taxed & tested (and I assume it's insured too) so you can legally park where you do so you shouldn't have any issues.

rang them today she said the car looks in a right state lol , rusty break pads lol ??
i said you never clean the streets and ill park it where i want.

she did say because the car is registered at my other address ( flat i rent out ) that they can lift it if they think its abandonned !!

so like few have said ive moved it 10 ft down lol

the car is just sitting there as ive got a company van now etc , should really sell it i guess

Clio RS200 FF
Go a short drive to clean up the disks (and wash it if needed) and park it where you like. As stated as long as it's taxed and insured then there is nothing they can do. Sounds like somebody doesn't like where you have parked it and are trying to force you to move it. If the council do move it then they are bound to be breaking the law in some way.

PB Clio 172
woo this is a new one

cheeky t**** you pay tax, your car can sit where the hell it likes !

Councils these days ! :mad:

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
WTF?? You can park anywhere as long as its not causing an obstruction and the car is fully road legal. If there's no parking restrictions in the street it's parked in then I can't see there being any reason why it should have to be moved. If it was mine I'd take it for a drive now and then to keep everything from seizing up and give it a wash occasionally so it doesn't look abandoned.

Clio 200
They can't touch it mate. It all sounds a little weird to me. Even if it does look 'abandoned' (WTF), it isn't! Leave it as it is.

German V6
Reply to them and say your car will move from its current location, at aprrox 13.00 on a certain date (preferably a sunday), to be returned to its exact position at 13.30 on the same date, that gives them exactly 30 mins to clean that exact spot.
If they cannot do it in that time, then bad boys!!......

Or just tell them to PHUCK OFF!

This^. Then at least you're giving them time to clean to road and do what ever the council do ..

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
When I worked at B&Q there was a car abandoned in the car park but it was still taxed so it could not be touched, as soon as the tax ran out the car was removed.