ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone with k-tec DTH ITB's

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Hi
I have the k-tec kit which I'm really happy about it but with reading and being told horror stories about the k-tec air filter going down the trumpets into the engine. I'd like to change the filter set up for a better make. I've got a PH 1 172 so I'd like to know if anyone with the k-tec itbs with a different air filter set up could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Jenvey sell some nice ones, give them a ring or you can order from there site. I have had a few phone calls with them and their customer service is excellent, possibly the best i've ever encountered, they sent me out missing parts for my itbs for absolutely nothing, cant fault them in the slightest. Plus you can be sure of very high quality parts.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Jenvey sell some nice ones, give them a ring or you can order from there site. I have had a few phone calls with them and their customer service is excellent, possibly the best i've ever encountered, they sent me out missing parts for my itbs for absolutely nothing, cant fault them in the slightest. Plus you can be sure of very high quality parts.

Jenvey ones are all pipercross, but I think more expensive.

Had this one in last week that I supplied the filter for about 18 months ago

IMG_20130301_1922101_zps140bd256.jpg

IMG_20130226_1159001_zps00c753b9.jpg

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Cheers guys... Just need to figure out what size will fit under the PH1 bonnet with out having to cut the under skin as its an alloy bonnet and I don't want to make it weaker than it already is. I think the length of the trumpets on the k-tec kit are just 60mm so I'm thinking I don't need an overly deep filter.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
yeah. sorry the pictures are poor, I'm on a 3g dongle in a hotel room so the upload quality is terrible

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
yup. Can even organise it all for you when I'm back in work next week. Give me a call when you're ready

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
yup. Can even organise it all for you when I'm back in work next week. Give me a call when you're ready

Will do Dan. Was told I may have to change the throttle bodies :eek: I've only had the k-tec ones for 6 months and really didn't want to spend out loads again. Thanks again to C'Sers and you Dan, you've put my mind at ease

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
The filter we had the problems with was the very first few which were made for us by Pipercross. As soon as we found the fault (on our own car) we withdrew them, had ITG make a new design and sent these out to replace the few Pipercross ones out there. This was a few years ago and we have not had any issues since.

I hope this clears this up.

David.