ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone local to me?

C1 VTR (Company Car)
Got an intermittent problem with my engine not starting, can be fine for a week or two. Then it will start playing up.

It turns over with what sounds like no attempt to fire up. I've changed the spark plugs and ignition leads last week which seemed to have fixed it untill yesterday where it took 12 tries after work to get it started.

I was thinking of getting a diagnostics done? There could be 100 things stopping it I'm sure but I can't afford to give it to a garage and let them just check everything.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Does it just turn over and not fire? I had this problem on my 1.2 and it was a TDC sensor (crank sensor), it got worse bit by bit.

Easy and cheap to replace, so maybe worth a go on the off chance. Symptoms sound identical though.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
Does it just turn over and not fire? I had this problem on my 1.2 and it was a TDC sensor (crank sensor), it got worse bit by bit.

Easy and cheap to replace, so maybe worth a go on the off chance. Symptoms sound identical though.

Yeah it will just turn over without firing constantly, ill keep trying and trying and then all of a sudden it fires up no problem. Then it works for 2 weeks and does it again lol.

I'll give that a go than mate, thanks.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It's a bit difficult with an e-diagnosis, but that 100000% the same symptonms I had. Seems to be quite common on the ph1 non sports as they start to age. What engine is yours? I'll link you to the eurocarparts part.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
Nope mine's only 8v lol. Just found the part on eurocarparts, going to order it now. Cheers mate, hopefully It will fix it.

I shall update this thread on the outcome.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
Can anyone point me in the direction of the TDC sensor :eek:

Just had a quick gander on my lunch break at work, didn't spot it though.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
Yeah found it now, guy at work come out to look with me and pointed out a completely different sensor, which happened to be directly above that one lol.

Got the part ordered now so fingers crossed.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
I live round the corner like if you get stuck!

Haha nice one.

How did you make sure it was the same one?

Some seem to have flat mounting points, others have little mounting blocks on the end.

Tbh honest I didn't check before I ordered lol. But now that I've seen whats fitted it looks identical. But it's not fuss if its wrong I'll just send it back.