ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone know this 172 cup?

scalino65

ClioSport Club Member
Hi.thanks all. I guess you cant go wrong at that price. Looks like it could be nice again for a reasonable amount of work and still low-ish miles. cheers. Will

535d / t5 caravelle
Adverts gone now, I’d rather buy a nice one to start with personally, didn’t look at the mot failure list as I was to horrified by the condition of the wheels and the arch gap, but I reckon you’ll easily be spending good 172 cup money on getting it right, not to mention the things you don’t know about that are fucked on it.
What was on the mot failure list?

Suppose it depends if your you can fix stuff yourself or if your going to have to pay for it to be fixed.

scalino65

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Bill
You raise a good point, there could be a long list of crap on it to sort out. Plus it was odd as it was advertised as one lady owner but being sold by a bloke and appeared to be in some sort of industrial estate type place....but who knows! The mot list was weeping shocks, front ball joint and a lambda failure and a leaking power steering pump. I would be quite happy sorting all those out myself just as a project really.
finding a really nice one just needs a bit of patience I guess but at least they are not that rare. I remember being about 12 years old in 1982 (I am very old...) and my Dad looking for a mini cooper. That is shockingly about the same age gap nowadays as finding a clio cup. By about 1985 coopers had become much fewer and far between. Maybe teh cup will follow the same route.? Weirdly there seems to be far more Trophys around for sale right now than 172 cups. I think there's about 5 on ebay.Thats also food for thought.
cheers
WIll

Wait a month and someone will have refurbished the wheels, swapped the door, chucked a ball joint and shocks on it, replaced or fixed the PS pump/pipe leak and sell to you with 12 Months MOT as a 1 lady owner mint low mileage decent example for £4,500 lol

£500 is a complete bargain. Just hope someone hasn't bought to strip for bits or do a track build

mart.z.s

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi A3 2.0T Quattro
That’s the only places I’m looking on at the moment. Finding them selling within 24 hours as none are close by lol.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Yeah. That’s the one. If I had sold my car I would have gone to view it.

535d / t5 caravelle
Hi Bill
You raise a good point, there could be a long list of crap on it to sort out. Plus it was odd as it was advertised as one lady owner but being sold by a bloke and appeared to be in some sort of industrial estate type place....but who knows! The mot list was weeping shocks, front ball joint and a lambda failure and a leaking power steering pump. I would be quite happy sorting all those out myself just as a project really.
finding a really nice one just needs a bit of patience I guess but at least they are not that rare. I remember being about 12 years old in 1982 (I am very old...) and my Dad looking for a mini cooper. That is shockingly about the same age gap nowadays as finding a clio cup. By about 1985 coopers had become much fewer and far between. Maybe teh cup will follow the same route.? Weirdly there seems to be far more Trophys around for sale right now than 172 cups. I think there's about 5 on ebay.Thats also food for thought.
cheers
WIll
plus cambelt no doubt, and as said other unknown issues, i sold a very tidy one for 2k, with some tasteful mods on, brakes/coilovers/ very good service history etc, mind you that was a good 3/4 years ago, prices have gone up a bit since then, hang on for the right car, dont just buy any old shagger.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk