ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone know the a/c pump location on a vee ?

I can't find it, i've seen the a/c pipes from the front of the car which then run underneath it, they then go under the big black cover under the car.

Is the pump under that ?? Will I have to take the cover off to get to the pump ?

Reason being, i've been told that the pump isn't firing, I want to check the connections etc, but I can't see/find the pump :dapprove:

BMW M135i
Its ran by the aux belt so will be on the route of that somewhere. Following the pipes will be the best bet if you don't know what an ac compressor looks like. I'll go out on a limb and say it'll be a b*****d to get too on a vee.

CB600FS
Cat its at the bottom mate its an arse to get on when your not on a ramp.

L7X-ac.jpg

If you do get down to it, you can check the compressor clutch spins freely, by hand, and if your keen see if its getting 12v.

Compressors don't often go, I'd say you've either got no gas in it or are low on gas - the sensor will detect it and not let the compressor in so you don't damage it. Or the pressure sensor itself is faulty - same again it won't let the compressor spin because it thinks whats the point if theres no gas in it. The newer style a/c machines at garages automatically detect a leak on the cars in minutes.

Ah excellent Tom cheers for that :cool: yeah I can see that bit under the car.
I went to get it re-gassed the other week, the dude said it was full though. He said that the pump wasn't working, so i'll have a proper look. I think it may have a leak though.