ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone know anything about Sky dish LNB's

Ph2 172
Got a problem with my Sky digital. Fairly sure it's the LNB that has gone, i just randomly lose signal on certain channels. Not all of them, just some, and it's always the same ones that go when it happens.

From talking to a few people, sounds like it's the LNB that has gone. Have spoken to SKY and they want £65 to come out. However, fairly sure it shouldn't be too much problem to get up on the roof and sort it myself, i just need to know what it is that i need to order.

System is about 8 years old i think, and reciever is a PACE if it makes any difference.

cheers

Citroen DS3 DSport
Threaten to cancel and Sky will come fix it for free if you are a subscriber. Which monthly package are you on?

Easy mate, as long as your sure its the LNB just order an LNB!!!. iirc all you have to do is unplug your system, then disconnect old LNB and just pull it out of the Sat dish and push the new one in and connect it back up. Make sure you put insulation tape around the connection on the LNB to waterproof it.

Or get Sky +

;)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
LNB's are cheap , but like sneeks says , your dish might be just a couple of millimetres out of line which bearing in mind the satellite is 1000's of miles away , so thats why the signal would be weak .

If it is the LNB go for one with lower db , 0.6db or less .

http://www.satelliteonline.co.uk/lnbs.htm

Ph2 172
Thanks guys

Sneeks, yeah tried that one, they just "ok, your choice". If i'm honest i don't really want to cancel it. Yeah could be dish alignment, but just got this feeling that it's been working well enough for 8 years it is probably something "on it's way out"

Mr A, yeah i thought it was fairly easy, but just got the impression that there was more than one LNB avail, and didn't have a clue what i needed.

Mr Billy, cheers for that link, helps a lot actually.

Cheers all.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I worked at Sky for 4 years and in order to cancel your account they need to transfer you to the cancellations department, also referred to as Turnaround for good reason. It is there job to keep your business and they will offer you the service call for free rather than lose you as a customer.

The initial operator you deal with will always say it's your choice but they will transfer you to someone else.