ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone have Yellowstuff fitted to a 172/182

Inferno 182
Was just about to go with Ferodo DS 2500 and Brembo plain discs but just spoke to a guy at work who has a Vee and he has yellowstuff pads fitted and says they are excellent.
Really good performance from cold, low dust etc.
I see K Tec sell them but not really heard much about them.
Anyone offer any opinions whohas them?
Please, if you haven't had them, don't just give me your opinions on other pads - read too many different opionions already!
Cheers

Yellow stuff are for heavy vehicles, Red stuff are what you want for track days etc, as they are ceramic.. Avoid green stuff like the plague..

PH1 172 Sport
I find my greenstuff pads are allot better than stock I dont know why everyone hates them so much?? Do you all just lean on the brakes at every corner or something?

I can understand them being no good on the track but for normal road use I think they are fine.

megan R26.R number 006
i have first hand experience of ebc brake pads i will say this you get what you pay for with brakes ebc are cheep for one reason they are not a patch on the slightly more expensive pads if i was you i would go for the ferodo ds2500 pads stay away from the ebc pads i have seen the ebc yellow stuff pads after two track days in my brothers car they was almost threw to the metal plate i have run the ferodo ds2500 before they are very good and last longer than the ebc pads

megan R26.R number 006
Yellow stuff are for heavy vehicles, Red stuff are what you want for track days etc, as they are ceramic.. Avoid green stuff like the plague..

if you speek to ebc they will tell you to go for the yellow stuff pads on a Clio and don't use the red stuff

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
not on a clio but simliar small fast car, yellow stuffs and ebc untimax discs on my cooper s, i think there fantastic... had red stuffs on and they lasted 3 months and didnt like them one bit but really recommend yellow's

182 ff with cup pack's
ive never used red stuff on the front but got um on the back, had greens and yellow on the front would say green's are a bit better than stock pad but yellow stuff work alot better work from cold and good when warm all tho they do fade more than carbon lorraine when pushed lasted well and not alot of dust. would recommend

Inferno 182
Thanks for all your help guys. For my needs (i.e. no track days) seems like yellowstuff may be good.
cheers

Theres not a lot wrong with std. pads if your not doing trackdays then! Just make sure you have decent fluid!