ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone got just 2 years no claims as a named driver?

Ive got 2 years Named Driver NCB and i was wondering if anyone else on here had the same with a 172/182 and i want to know how much your paying for your insurance as a named driver (Hope that makes sense)?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Ive got 2 years Named Driver NCB and i was wondering if anyone else on here had the same with a 172/182 and i want to know how much your paying for your insurance as a named driver (Hope that makes sense)?

Companies that offer these named driver No Claims can ONLY be used with the company that gave it.

So you cannot "use" these as normal No Claims Bonuses with other companies.

Also as mentioned you should not be insuring the vehicle in somebody elses name unless it is their vehicle and they use it more then you do.

Ph1 172
The NCB you are acruing is only valid for that company, so expect a huge premium at renewal time!

Many ins companies offer a 'shared driver' option, which makes it completely legal to insure the car under another persons name. It saved me £400 put the policy under the missus name. She does drive it everynow and then but I am the main driver, but as far as the ins company are aware, the driving is shared.

It won't be NCB will it? Just named driving experience?

Unless it's with someone like Direct Line.

It hugely depends on your postcode too btw. Someone with the exact same car as me at the same age was pating something like £900, and I'm paying £1500 just because my postcode is apparently 'worse'.