ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone ever had this.........

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
.....I'm suspecting not but here goes anyway!!!

Approximately 1000miles ago I had a Gripper Diff fitted into my 172 gearbox by a company (they shall remain nameless unless they mess me about).

Now I have done exactly one track day with it fitted & the rest of the miles are road miles. Recently I noticed I had a gearbox leak which today I decided I was going to get to the bottom of. It appeared to be coming from the offside shaft seal - I thought that perhaps it wasnt located properly & perhaps needed tapping in a bit more. So I had it up on the ramps today and tried to tap it in a bit further but it seemed relucant to do so, so I thought the best plan of action was to remove it & replace it with a new one (even though this one was only 1000miles old!).

So I removed it & as I did a large 50mm nut & a bearing race came out with it!!!

01022009239Medium.jpg

01022009244Medium.jpg

This obviously isnt right at all & I got onto the people who built it up for me. He wasnt able to give me an explanation as to why its done this (forgot to tighten it up did we) but assured me that they would rectify it whatever. He advised me what torque to tighten it to. Unfortunately though it now seems that the thread on the shaft is knackered where the 50mm nut is supposed to fit onto!!!

Problem is now I have to remove the box again & then refit it once its been fixed so its going to be a right ballache!!

Anyone else ever had this or is it probably just down to shoddy workman ship!?

Needless to say I'm VERY cheesed off at this especially as I had a trackday booked on Sunday & another booked the beginning of March!!!

Cheers

Lee

BMW M135i
Nothing i've seen before, can't see how it could happen if its been tightend correctly. Seeing as that has to come off to release the diff iirc then its got to be their fault.

You remove the box and then let them fit it I assume? Shame for the ballache you've got to go through removing it. But mistakes do happen I guess, just hope they sort it this time.