ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone else had an issue with a jammed seat runner too?!

ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
Morning all,

In short the most annoying fault of this car so far, the passenger seat would only go back a few clicks from the front, so I tried 'helping' back a little further an now its jammed!

Anyone else had this? Is the runner mechanism detachable from the seat if it is trucked? I will whip it out at the weekend...

Thanks a lot

Weeksy

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I haven't had the problem but the seat runners aren't the best or most adjustable.

Runners come off from the seat very easily if you need to replace them. Just 4 bolts and the cable for the tilt forward mech.

ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
Morning Graham,

Thats good to know, thanks a lot Mr.

Worst case I will be on the phone to Renbreakers again!

Much appreciated

Weeksy

Smart Car, MX-5, 197
My drivers seat runner jammed all the way forward soon after I got it, I did have the runner off to see if I could fix it but nothing seemed obviously amiss so just bought a previously enjoyed one of eBay in the end (might have been Renbreakers actually) and replaced it. It seems to be a case of 'they all do that, Sir'.

ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
Morning,

Thanks for the reply Mr.

No way, all the way forward?! I hope you have little legs?!

I did think I would remove it and there be nothing apparent, so I have spoken to them about a replacement!

Never had this with any other car!!

Mine has issues too.

I fitted the 1*2 half leather seats a while ago, and they both worked fine in terms of slide & tilt etc.

But now if i tilt the drivers seat forward, it doesnt slide to let a passenger in the back.

ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
So troublesome bloody things then!

And putting the fixing bolts under the car... Thanks Renault!

ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
I cant wait to remove this at the weekend now!! No, really I cant!

Inner bolts are behind the exhaust heat shield and look fun!!

Are they troublesome then?!

Tbf its not too bad a job, as long as you can get right under the car.

On mine there was cutouts in the heatshield so they were easy enough to get to.

One of them (black & red one iirc) is a b**ch to get apart, im not actually sure if its meant to!