ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone bought / fitted a whiteline ARB recently

coiled 'berg
as title really. Ive searched through old posts etc, just wondering if anyone has fitted one recently?

balance motorsport will deliver one for £105, sounds good!!

any recent experiences of these?

cheers

340i
Most people I've talked with rate them, but I only know of one person running one on here!?

He said there was a good improvement, in fact the best mod he purchased for the car!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Most people I've talked with rate them, but I only know of one person running one on here!?

He said there was a good improvement, in fact the best mod he purchased for the car!
Tempted to try one with the KW's.

172 ph1
interesting...

warren4, what ride height did you set your KW?

I've got the KW V2 but I've found that I can't lower the front any more than around 30mm about 320mm from wheel axis to front wheel arch, or my driveshafts will rub on the car body under hard cornering on the Nurburgring. No problems with having the rear at around 35mm lower than standard, at 315mm from axis to rear wheel arch

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
They really do seem to be good I've expereienced one on a leon before and after really did stop body roll and stiffen the car up quite abit under cornering so worth the money imo.

Clio 172 Flamer
I had whiteline front and rear arbs and droplinks fitted on my impreza. standard arbs were: 20mm front and 22mm rear, changed for whiteline 22mm front and a 24mm rear. Along with the droplinks it transformed the car & was by far the best mod i ever fitted :cool:

best thing about the white line i found was that they are adjustable where as many other makes are not.

coiled 'berg
Are these easy enough to fit? Do the drop links bolt on at the bottom of the rear shock?
Will you see it under the rear bumper if you were following behind, that would be pretty cool I think.

Clio 172 Flamer
Are these easy enough to fit? Do the drop links bolt on at the bottom of the rear shock?
Will you see it under the rear bumper if you were following behind, that would be pretty cool I think.

Yea the ones i fitted were easy enough, and really good quality. :approve:

340i
Yeah you can see them from the rear, the ARB is pretty much inline with the bottom of the rear suspension struts.

RSC 182 Cup
Here are some pics from OzRenaultSport:

link.jpg

adjust.jpg

long.jpg

Lionel Richie
i tested these for performance tuner magazine (i think that was the name) good bit of kit for naff all money

172 ph1
na works on any clio 2, surprising the difference it makes to the back end "feel"
would you recommend it for a track car for the Nurburgring then? Mine's on KW V2 at the moment.

guessing the answer's a yes? :eek:

coiled 'berg
Thanks for posting up some photos!
Is the one pictured the adjustable one or fixed one? Anyone know?

(balance motorsport I think is the place I've previously seen a link to)

RSC 182 Cup
Yes, it would be the adjustable version (the exta bolt hole in the end of the bar gives the adjustment.)

Sunflower Yellow Ph1 172
Think ill be giving this a go soon. Noticed that balance motorsport also sell rear toe/ camber adjustment plates, would these make much of a difference as well?

172 Race Car
Not a massive difference. Spring changes were the most noticable changes we did.

Phase 1's have quit a bit of negative camber on the rear standard

Clio 172 Flamer
so you pay an extra £50 or so for an extra hole!?

Eibach make Arbs, but theirs are a solid bar with the ends that meet the droplinks welded on, and they are not adjustable. The Whiteline bars are forged from one piece of metal, with no welds are are adjustable, thus making them stronger.

only worth doing with uprated shocks/ springs or coilovers though?

My Impreza had whiteline front/rear Arbs & droplinks. The rest of the suspension was totally standard. Just adding this made a massive difference.

coiled 'berg
Ive got one mate, rate it highly.

And yes, you can see it from behind, but i think it looks ok.

please please please could you post a few pictures of the rear of your car so we can all see what it looks like if you were following the car and stuff.

cheers

a thirsty one
is that price pg 1 for the fixed or adjustable and on a std suspension set up is it worth getting the adjustable one or just bolt on the fixed item?

Clio 172 Flamer
An adjustable one will come with a hard, medium and soft setting. I stuck mine on the hardest setting when i fitted mine. Does fixed position one come with the hardest setting?

coiled 'berg
i would guess, and make the assumtion that it would come the same as medium, anybody know the real answer??

182 (Conversion)
Noob question: how do these improve the handling when there's a massive bar already (the beam)?