ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anybody use a mifi device?

Mk2 Golf GTI
I'm thinking of getting one as my current USB dongle contract runs out soon.

Are they worth it? Will be using with an MBP, iphone and eventually an iPad too. Are they quicker in real world usage than a dongle as some of the reviews I've seen show quicker speeds for d/l and u/l

Will probably go with orange if I get one as I have a phone contract with them already and get £5 discount on mobile broadband packages.

Or is 3 better?

Also, this will sound strange to some but can it be connected via usb if I don't want to use it over wifi? I DJ with a program called serato and sometimes download tracks on the fly when I play out. However the program suggests turning off wifi when in use to save from getting USB dropouts

BMW M135i
I've got one on payg with 3 for odds and ends usage. Works very well get around 2mbps on hspda so pretty good for over the air.

Yes you can use it over usb just appears as another network adapter.

Liquid Yellow 200 RS
I'm thinking of getting one as my current USB dongle contract runs out soon.

Are they worth it? Will be using with an MBP, iphone and eventually an iPad too. Are they quicker in real world usage than a dongle as some of the reviews I've seen show quicker speeds for d/l and u/l

Will probably go with orange if I get one as I have a phone contract with them already and get £5 discount on mobile broadband packages.

Or is 3 better?

Also, this will sound strange to some but can it be connected via usb if I don't want to use it over wifi? I DJ with a program called serato and sometimes download tracks on the fly when I play out. However the program suggests turning off wifi when in use to save from getting USB dropouts

I work for 3 mate :)

Go with us although you'll get it slightly cheaper at orange for being with them with a handset you won't get anywhere near as much usage and if you going to be running upto 3 devices you Could do with a fair bit ;)
The current model runs upto 7.2mps but that depends on area and who's online mine runs around 4-5 mps and if you use it through the USB generally it's faster as well :) remember 3 has a larger 3G/hspa coverage

BMW M135i
Oh yeah good point that just to add that I work in the middle of f**king nowhere and 3 are about the only people where you get decent 3g/H coverage and where I use mine with no problems 99% of the time.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I work for 3 mate :)

Go with us although you'll get it slightly cheaper at orange for being with them with a handset you won't get anywhere near as much usage and if you going to be running upto 3 devices you Could do with a fair bit ;)
The current model runs upto 7.2mps but that depends on area and who's online mine runs around 4-5 mps and if you use it through the USB generally it's faster as well :) remember 3 has a larger 3G/hspa coverage

It's all your thought then that now after a year my internet is so f**king slow I feel like smashing it against the wall. It takes about 4 hrs to buffer for a 3 min video:dapprove:

Mk2 Golf GTI
Cool well was thinking of going with the 3 1-month rolling contract option to try it out first.

Did look at PAYG but the amount of time they give you to use the data sucks.

A red missile
I use a 3 mifi at work when I'm supposed to be doing that work s**t, run the iPad/phone/lappy with it, solid 4-4.5Mb there and the same at home. Surfing, watching videos online and online gaming all work fine. Yes you can use it USB and yes it's faster than a dongle.

A few people have them at work, much fun to be had connecting one USB and changing their WEP password :)