ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any1 help plez??

Clio Sport 172
Easy guys!

Jst wonderin if any1 would b able 2 help me. I bought a 172 jst ova a month ago, everythin was fine but now when I'm pullin away theres a loud knockin noise @ the front of my car, sum ppl told me it could b the ball joint or bearings but I put it in 4 a full service last week and they checkd all that and said its fine, they are a gd garage as its my usual and hav known them years. Doin me head in tho! Wat else can it b??

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
If you take the battery out, losen the mounting underneath it, and losen the engine mounting on the other side of the engine, then pull the engine forward and tighten the 2 mountings back up, you'll be fine :)

Done it to mine last weekend and made so much difference to the whole feel of the car!

I had this on my old one, I changed the top engine mount and it sorted the noise out straight away. And when i did change the upper gearbox mount it was a nightmare of a job because it's really fiddly with not much room and the bolts weren't coming off how they should. If you havent done it yet then i'd change the top engine mount first.