ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any web designers?

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
My wife's hair salon's website needs a total update.

I had visions of being able to book online - so the website could interface with the appointments system, maybe even an iphone app or something, but I'm guessing this is mega coins.

Does anyone
a) design websites - if so, can you PM your fee's and some portfolio
b) do that SEO stuff
c) know how to get some appointment software/salon software as the free version she has is rubbish.

Ibiza FR
It is all down to budget really. Someone could build you a whole booking interface etc and link it between devices, but this would be quite expensive.
Seems there are some existing solutions out there after a quick search such as
http://www.salonsoftware.co.uk/

Otherwise, you could build a simple site with a nice interface, with a few booking forms that would email the salon etc and can take bookings from there.

If you are interested in the latter, I would be happy to give you a hand :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
My wife's hair salon's website needs a total update.

I had visions of being able to book online - so the website could interface with the appointments system, maybe even an iphone app or something, but I'm guessing this is mega coins.

Does anyone
a) design websites - if so, can you PM your fee's and some portfolio
b) do that SEO stuff
c) know how to get some appointment software/salon software as the free version she has is rubbish.

An iPhone app isn't ideal, what you want is a variable sizes CSS system, this would mean the available size in the browser window dictates how the site looks. If we were to create something with just two states, it'd effectively give you an iPhone app type site.

My housemate's a full time web dev/designer and I'm a designer.

I have no portfolio website but between us we normally knock up some fairly decent stuff, PM me if you want and I'll see we can come up with.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Thanks for all the info. I'm still shortlisting, but will PM ASAP with more info to see if y'all can help.

Ibiza FR
An iPhone app isn't ideal, what you want is a variable sizes CSS system, this would mean the available size in the browser window dictates how the site looks. If we were to create something with just two states, it'd effectively give you an iPhone app type site.

My housemate's a full time web dev/designer and I'm a designer.

I have no portfolio website but between us we normally knock up some fairly decent stuff, PM me if you want and I'll see we can come up with.

Probably the best way forward. Responsive websites are the future of web design in my opinion, when done well of course.