ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

any one know how to turn on bottom spotlights

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Front fogs? Indicator stalk, turn lights onto dipped beem, the turn the second turny bit and you have rear and front fogs on :). Thats if your car had the fogs fitted from factory. Mighy be just for show

Clio Dci 106 dynamic
yer tried that doesn't seam to work its the ones fitted to like the bottom bumper maybe the bulbs ??

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Does your rear ones work? And by the bottom of your bumper, do you mean either side of the lower grill or some gay aftermarket spotlight?

Could be just the bulbs have gone or the front fog loom isnt connected.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
When twisting the foglight switch on the stalk, an orange light should appear on the dash for the rear fogs, and a green one for the front. Does this happen?

Clio Dci 106 dynamic
yeh this happens and the main lights change but the spotlights dont come on but yeh the dash lights orange first turn and green second or somthing like that

Now Sold :-(
If you have the auto headlights on then the fogs don't work.
You have to turn the side/dipped on manually before the fogs will come on.

What you're doing seems right, if the orange / green light is coming on when you turn them middle 'switch' on the indicator stalk then they should come on. Check that the bulbs are alright / connections connected as they should be from the fogs.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
make sure you turn the headlights on first using the manual switch as they do not work in auto mode for some stupid reason!

Looking for 182
If you get them working, leave them off until it gets foggy. Doing anything other than this makes you a complete c**t.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
My front foglights never worked on my 1.2. They were all wired up, bulbs in and everything else. they just never worked :/

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
Why have people gotta be sarcy little t***s? The guy asked for advice, not rude comments. If it was my lights, I'd want them working for when we do get fog, not a case of waiting till its foggy an thinking "awe s**t... they don't work".

Anyways, check the bulbs, fuse an wiring. Failing that take em to a local garage an get them to have a look.

350z, Subaru Legacy
Tbf from my experience turning the fog lights on in fog usually makes it harder to see :S.

They shouldn't do, unless you're very short. The reason fog lights are located so low on cars is to increase the angle between the light source and your eyes - this reduces the amount of light that is reflected directly back to the driver's eyes, though some light will still shine back at you through scattering off the water molecules.