ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any good Heavy cut polishes?

As titile, wanting a heavier cut polish for some sligtly more serious swirls and light surface marks. Will be using it on the clio (182) and a 08 plate Focus if that helps as i know paints are different so unsure whether the clio and focus is either a hard or soft paint?

Thinking either

Poorboys SR3
or
Menzerna ??

Will be making an order tomorrow along with an orange pad.

Any help much appreciated!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
G3 scratch remover.

Available from halfords.

Cuts out almost anything, I use it to remove sanding marks.

Re reading your post, how deep are the swirls? A heavy cut polish is probably overkill on swirls

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Meguiars ultimate compounding polish is really heavy so is Menzerna heavy cut.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I wouldn't dare use the same cutting compounds on an Renault sport and a ford. RS paint is a medium hard to correct. Standard Renault paint is medium and ford is a little softer but not soft like jap paint.

You'll get good correction with a mid to finishing polish on ford. RS paint you'll want something harsher to cut. From the few I've tried, menzerna 400 and 500, Scholl S3 and S17