ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any Car Valeters on here?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I need a new upholstery cleaner as I drove over mine. (For the second time in 3 years....)

Smashed it to fcuk.

The one I had was about 10 years old so tbh its about time I got a new one anyway. Budget of about £200. + vat or inc vat not bothered.

I want something thats robust and good. ITs work not a hobby so will need to take a lot of abuse.

I've found a few on tinternet but some of them are makes i've never heard of and I don't want some two bob crappy chinky thing that will fall at the first hurdle.

So, Valeters..... What you got?? Recomend me some!

So far....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350291975650&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120607205012&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

330i. E30 Touring.
I had a George one, (like the Henry, but a wet vac). The thing was f**king awesome.

Dodgy one
Your 2nd links what out lot used to use, round abouts 5-6 hours of abuse daily, Still got one now in the bodyshop 2 1/2 years later

172 RS Ph1
I use the Numatic one as well (re-branded tho, but basically equal). Must say it does a good job and is made out of quality materials, as long as you use it properly it should be relaible for a good few years!

The Vax 6131 is supposed to be very very good for car cleaning, a lot of valeters use it iirc?

I have the smaller Vax V-020U, Works perfect for me.

Not a 320d
Ive got a blue Numatic thing, f**k knows what it is, un named. Very powerful wet or dry vac. love it. Think it was £300 or so though

Honda & VW
Vax 6131 is only about £85 from Robert Dyas iirc, you have only got to look at JimWD's Citreon job to see this is a great device

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
After seeing the before and after shots of the interiors Jim has done, I'm looking to get a Vax 6131. Looks like a fantastic piece of kit at a decent price!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I need a new upholstery cleaner as I drove over mine. (For the second time in 3 years....)
Smashed it to fcuk.
The one I had was about 10 years old so tbh its about time I got a new one anyway.
I don't want some two bob crappy chinky thing that will fall at the first hurdle.

does anyone else think this sounds like slave labour?/sexual abuse

Audi A4 AVANT 1.9TDi
As above, a thumbs up for the VAX 6131 wet/dry extraction machine. Think I paid £99 over a year or so ago (still going strong).

Hear nothing but good things about the numatic kits though - George?

330i. E30 Touring.
Yeah, my George is knocking on for ten years old (albeit with use every week-ish), and it's been awesome.

Vw caddy tdi
Karcher puzzi 100 try your local hire companies e.g brandon tool hire etc as they bit over the £200 budget they mite have a sh one for sale?

clio 182
I work at a Jag dealership and our valeters use the green george. Awesome bit of kit and gets seriously abused.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I went with the numatic in the end.

I haven't used it yet as our water is still frozen solid, but first impressions it seems like its built well enough. :)

Cheers everyone.

If they work on a wet/dry vac system, yes. It all depends on the chemicals you put in them. I wouldn't touch my seats with the chemicals they put in the cleaners at work... etc.

Not a 320d
Any interior shampoo or a good APC that doesnt damage colours. Vax carpet shampoo, meguairs APC, Autoglym Interior Shampoo (halfrauds stockit, on of my favorites)

<3 the numatic. proper bad ass hoover, easily the best car related thing I use.

wvd570-2_numatic_wet_or_dry_industrial-500x500.jpg