ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any bored people that are good at photoshopping....

I think the issue a few of us have is rather than it being admiration as a bi-product from something you've done it's a case of seeking the approval, admiration or attention of others first and foremost. I say please yourself and f**k whether anyone takes a second look so long as I'm happy with it.

I would be mega happy with it...tbh I thought about it literally from the moment I got the TT. Seeing the snakeskin PS put a big smile on my face. First and foremost I would be doing it for myself...and I wouldn't go asking a mag for a feature if I did.
Think this thread has got a bit heavy...lol. :)

Here's some advice; stop reading those magazines. They are a sack of s**t.

Read a good novel instead. Even if you don't get on with it, perhaps we'll at least benefit from some improved grammar ;)

Out of interest, how old are you?

I like them mags...and the Sun news paper:quiet::rasp:..and I cant help being a thick bint.
Im (cough) 34 (cough)..although I probably come across a lot more immature...but hey ho! :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
I dont know who you used to work for..who was it then? The mag I tried to get in and was promised was PFC...but that all went tits up when the nice lad there moved to performance ford mag.
I think by just sticking a wrap on it will get it noticed and people want things that are a bit different. Im a founding member on a VW forum so I go to most shows and I see all the write ups in the mags PVW and golf+ and when you see the right ups they have all pictures of cars that are different and stand out.
I dont think I am really contradicting myself either as I dont think anyone on the planet has done a car so only themselves will look at it....dont think there are cars out there that are hidden away in a box and only the owner has ever set eyes on it...of course you would want others to see it.

Fastcar
I was the designer so i would be handling pictures all the time, when it comes to shows i will scan through all the images i have and make a picture selection, i am quite picky on this, i choose things that are different and what i think will appeal t the readers, it may stand out but it may be for the wrong reasons... but again this is only my opinion, i would initially say look at air-ride and wheels, you will be spending at least a grand on a full wrap and that could get you a nice way into your stance set-up... and that will last, unlike the wrap... which will probably start peeling

Fastcar
I was the designer so i would be handling pictures all the time, when it comes to shows i will scan through all the images i have and make a picture selection, i am quite picky on this, i choose things that are different and what i think will appeal t the readers, it may stand out but it may be for the wrong reasons... but again this is only my opinion, i would initially say look at air-ride and wheels, you will be spending at least a grand on a full wrap and that could get you a nice way into your stance set-up... and that will last, unlike the wrap... which will probably start peeling

So if you saw a snakeskin TT you wouldn't have put it in the mag? I have considered air ride cos of the praticality of it...and alloys but I have expensive taste unfortunatly..lol. and that would come to more like 4k....then I think well 4k is half way to 8k which would buy me a mega big turbo conversion and 600bhp+ I wish I would win the lotto..lol. I am just getting ideas at the moment tbh. The stance in that picture isnt actually my stance..that was PS...I am now running on KW coilovers.

A peeling snakeskin wrap, how funny.

Hahaha that is funny..didnt think of that ..lol. :D

4k+ I take it your talking BBS of some sort. The Audi/VAG lot seem keen on bentley/merc/Porsche wheels. How about some sporteditions off the current gen cayenne? Not seen them on one before.

CayenneSportEdition_obw.jpg

I like a more euro look tbh...they are nice..just not on my car. my OH has some beautiful BBS splitties but they are only 16" ..I know how much they cost for that size
a little piccy of his car...

136-1.jpg

I dont just want to get splitties like him though...but I do like a big dish :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
So if you saw a snakeskin TT you wouldn't have put it in the mag? I have considered air ride cos of the praticality of it...and alloys but I have expensive taste unfortunatly..lol. and that would come to more like 4k....then I think well 4k is half way to 8k which would buy me a mega big turbo conversion and 600bhp+ I wish I would win the lotto..lol. I am just getting ideas at the moment tbh. The stance in that picture isnt actually my stance..that was PS...I am now running on KW coilovers.

its very hit and miss, it depends on the quality and quantity of pictures i have, thats what i am saying, don't build it souly for the mag stuff. Personally it would still look like a relatively stock car just with a wrap, any up to date pics of your car? to show wheels, ride height etc etc....

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Strange thread.

So it's about other people looking at your car and not just for yourself?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Camo'd TT looks AWFUL.

Camo'd [R?]S4 looks crackin' .. but it's probably got more torques than the Chinook it was based on.

Why are you seemingly sooo desperate for attention !? Keep it simple, subtle and effective. Things that shout LOOK AT MEEEE are generally regarded as distasteful by 99% of people that see them. If I saw that camo'd TT I'd point and laugh, loudly, especially if someone was driving/sitting in it.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Floating wheels, I'm assuming is Revlol's attempt at pointing out that there are pictures of wheels, on cars which have been camouflaged, so you can't see them...

Floating is not the correct adjective in this situation Mr Lols as they are infact still on the ground ;)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I thought it meant they don't work on the car, and are purely for a visual treat. Or not.

Floating dog sh*t. White.

Or maybe photoshops of wheels on the cars, so they be floating. Like floats, really.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Tis so :rasp: Float is a verb.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/floating

float·ing   
[floh-ting] –adjective
1. being buoyed up on water or other liquid.
2. having little or no attachment to a particular place; moving from one place to another: a floating work force.
3. Pathology . away from its proper position, especially in a downward direction: a floating kidney.
4. not fixed or settled in a definite place or state: a floating population.

/back on topic...

Camo + TT = silly.