ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any bored people that are good at photoshopping....

fancy photo-shopping my TT with some different wrap looks. I have decided that if I want to stand out at shows then I need to do some thing a bit drastic. Iv got a few ideas and at least they can be removed...lol.
I was thinking (don't laugh and make drink come out your nostrils) that crocodile skin would be different...or some sort of camo with a bit of a twist. Any other ideas are welcome. :)

here is a bad pic of my car..sorry...

035-6-2.jpg

You don't need a car to look like a reptile to stand out.

Keep it simple, smooth and clean IMO.

Upgrade to a 3 bar grille for a start. Black petrol cap, grey headlights, v6 goodies.

Yeah sorry about the small pic..need to go on the othet computer to get a good one.

I hate the 3 bar grill...looks like a gummy old mans mouth...but a badgeless grill is a defo.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Think your kind of missing the point with standing out. You try and wrap it in crocodile skin or the like and you will stand out for all the wrong reasons (this is all in my opinion of course)

To stand out you are better of doing some really good research, find some really nice wheels, get a healthy drop and really concentrate on "the stance" and you'll be onto a winner

Think your kind of missing the point with standing out. You try and wrap it in crocodile skin or the like and you will stand out for all the wrong reasons (this is all in my opinion of course)

To stand out you are better of doing some really good research, find some really nice wheels, get a healthy drop and really concentrate on "the stance" and you'll be onto a winner

I done all that with my Clio and that wasn't enough...spent lots on it and all. This way it will defo get into mags and get noticed at shows. A friend of mine has basically stuck lots of yellow stickers and bits on his black Ibiza and he's already got 2 mag features. My old Clio on the other hand had a lot of time and money spent on it and only made 2 readers rides features. spent loads on a beautiful leather interior!..all for nothing.

004-17.jpg

On the other hand I could do just about no work on the TT and get a wrap....

I do like that but it still has to be practical...Im only halfway down on my coilovers and I scrape speed bumps.

Adz

Work van
its already been done, doesnt look great tbh ...you would be better sorting out the stance and making that spot on ;) maybe looking into air ride low plus practical = win win wn lol

2590128624_eaf75c77a6.jpg

CamoTT-1.jpg

tumblr_l266d6DykB1qbnwtgo1_500.jpg

air ride + clean and simple = hard wood :eek: lol

alex2290.jpg

alex2308.jpg

alex2302.jpg

alex2313.jpg

67774174.jpg

75602976.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
It's all about stance.... Bin off the common wheels and search for something unique + camber and stretch = done.

But its hard to find anything unique as its already been done. I know the camo TT has already been done..and I love it. wouldnt want to copy though.

Adz

Work van
yeah i can undertand that, it is very hard as almost everything has been done once. I would say a few little body mods some air ride and some super rare wheel and you will be on to a winner :) slr would look sweet

couldnt find any on a tt but they do look really good

3f6fd916-1.jpg

Christ. You can buy an Audi, but you just can't buy taste. What a load of tosh/ruined cars!

If you want it to stand out, make it gleam. Don't go putting gash wheels/paint/wraps on it!

Out of interest why the want/need to stand out? If the car is being used as a means to advertise/promote some business venture then fair enough but if it's just your car and you're doing it for the sake of it I fail to see the point :S

Ibiza FR
I'd spend the money on 'bags and wheels, sort the stance out and get it in mint condition rather than ruining it.

Christ. You can buy an Audi, but you just can't buy taste. What a load of tosh/ruined cars!

If you want it to stand out, make it gleam. Don't go putting gash wheels/paint/wraps on it!

Did you like the borbet a's on my clio? I loved them but many on here didnt.

Out of interest why the want/need to stand out? If the car is being used as a means to advertise/promote some business venture then fair enough but if it's just your car and you're doing it for the sake of it I fail to see the point :S

I want to do it for me......at least I can remove the wrap.

I'd spend the money on 'bags and wheels, sort the stance out and get it in mint condition rather than ruining it.

I dont want to lower it anymore..they are only half way down and I scrape on bumps....hate scraping it. I like the stance as it is as well tbh. I could do the air ride and blingy wheels but I was just wondering what it would look like in a wrap. :)

I want to do it for me......at least I can remove the wrap.

Guess the comments about things having been done before/not standing out/magazine features make it all sound like it's being done for attention/other people. There are other things I'd consider spending the money on or doing if it was my car but I guess that's just me.

e92 330i
Knew I'd seen that Clio somewhere! I think decent set of wheels and stance would look good. The tt IMO is a clean car and looks best when clean and oem+ looking.

Guess the comments about things having been done before/not standing out/magazine features make it all sound like it's being done for attention/other people. There are other things I'd consider spending the money on or doing if it was my car but I guess that's just me.

Yeah...I want to do it for me so my car stands out cos I want my car to stand out. Its just an idea at the moment and of course I though about slamming it on some big phat shiny rimmed mommas.

Lot of floating wheels in this thread.

Squeeze me?

Knew I'd seen that Clio somewhere! I think decent set of wheels and stance would look good. The tt IMO is a clean car and looks best when clean and oem+ looking.

Yeah the Clio was my first baby...my nephew has it now. :)
I know what you mean about the clean look..I got some stickers from a car show and popped them on the TT...it looked absolutly sh1te and I removed them all straight away.

e92 330i
Good good lol, yeah I'm at Dacorum college in Hemel and it's always parked there. Maybe the camo's a little try hard? Don't want to sound mean but for a daily it's abit out there, all IMO of course. Wheels can change a car so much, maybe have a gander at some stand out wheels?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Come on pinky your better than this. Its all about finding that perfect set of wheels and just sorting the stance and lowness around them. Use your noggin luv.

Turbos.
Didn't think LMs could look wrong, but they don't work on the TT on the first page! The TTs with camo look shite...pattern is far too busy.

PMSL @ 'doing it for me'. Reality is 'doing it so everyone looks at me.'

Seriously, even if you do wrap it, it's not going to look right without sorting the stance/wheels out first.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
I done all that with my Clio and that wasn't enough...spent lots on it and all. This way it will defo get into mags and get noticed at shows. A friend of mine has basically stuck lots of yellow stickers and bits on his black Ibiza and he's already got 2 mag features. My old Clio on the other hand had a lot of time and money spent on it and only made 2 readers rides features. spent loads on a beautiful leather interior!..all for nothing.
004-17.jpg

On the other hand I could do just about no work on the TT and get a wrap....
I do like that but it still has to be practical...Im only halfway down on my coilovers and I scrape speed bumps.

no offense, (and i do not mean this in a cocky way at all), but do you know who i worked for?
out of interest which mags did you mates car get into?
and what makes you think by just sticking a wrap on it (in whatever colour / pattern etc etc) will get you in a mag?

you have totally contradicted yourself saying about doing it for features and doing it for you etc, i totally unserstand doing it for yourself, i really do, and i appreciate its your car and i really hope whatever in this thread does not change your opinion for doing what YOU want to do, but you are still contradicting yourself...
i am not having a pop, i want to help / advise, but don't go out to build cars just to get into mags...

Building cars to "get a feature" is generally the preserve of teenage lads with no mortgage armed with a wallet full of credit cards to max out. If one happens as a bi-product of doing what you want, or building a car to an aesthetic you find pleasing that's all well and good but setting out with the intention of getting a car in a mag doesn't make any sense to me.

Turbos.
Got to be a bit of a bell end to go seeking a magazine feature. If you've got a good car, you get approached by the magazine, surely!

Spending a load of money doesn't make it good looking either...

no offense, (and i do not mean this in a cocky way at all), but do you know who i worked for?
out of interest which mags did you mates car get into?
and what makes you think by just sticking a wrap on it (in whatever colour / pattern etc etc) will get you in a mag?

you have totally contradicted yourself saying about doing it for features and doing it for you etc, i totally unserstand doing it for yourself, i really do, and i appreciate its your car and i really hope whatever in this thread does not change your opinion for doing what YOU want to do, but you are still contradicting yourself...
i am not having a pop, i want to help / advise, but don't go out to build cars just to get into mags...

I dont know who you used to work for..who was it then? The mag I tried to get in and was promised was PFC...but that all went tits up when the nice lad there moved to performance ford mag.
I think by just sticking a wrap on it will get it noticed and people want things that are a bit different. Im a founding member on a VW forum so I go to most shows and I see all the write ups in the mags PVW and golf+ and when you see the right ups they have all pictures of cars that are different and stand out.
I dont think I am really contradicting myself either as I dont think anyone on the planet has done a car so only themselves will look at it....dont think there are cars out there that are hidden away in a box and only the owner has ever set eyes on it...of course you would want others to see it.

Turbos.
Here's some advice; stop reading those magazines. They are a sack of s**t.

Read a good novel instead. Even if you don't get on with it, perhaps we'll at least benefit from some improved grammar ;)

Out of interest, how old are you?