ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any 6ft+ on here?

RenaultSport clio 172
Hi all,

I don't have a clio yet, but am seriously considering getting a 172 shortly.

My only concern however (other than the insurance and mpg, but I can live with them) is the fact that im 6ft 1inch tall.

Will there be enough space, comfort for me in a clio? I currently drive a Focus St170, so surely, its not going to be as roomy, but what do other tall people on here think?

It would be good to hear from you fellow tall chaps (and chappesses).

Thanks,

Edward

Clio 182FF
Best bet is to actually sit in one. I know it sounds obvious but the driving position on the Clio's is actually pretty high compared with similar cars and this can feel odd for some people.

I'm 6,3 and to drive comfortably there's no way anyone can sit behind me.

It's all good though cos I'm not a feckin taxi!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Im 6ft4, and instructor car i used (Mk2 phase2) was a bit tight. My size 11's had trouble with the pedals. The mk3 is your better bet if you can stretch your budget. But seeing as your only 6ft 1 you should be fine mate :)

OneTime_

ClioSport Club Member
  '65 BMW F31 330d
6ft 2 and I'm fine, steering wheel is a bit close to my knees but does not affect me.

RenaultSport clio 172
Cool, all sounds good. I need to find one to take one for a test drive.

There's a few 182s about my area, but no 172s ive seen.

Whats the difference between 172/182 regarding mpg and insurance? Is it alot? Could consider 182 if its not going to cripple me.

Definately need to take one for a drive though, been wanting to for ages. Now i've got the time and money, i need to do it.

Bux

Golf GTD
Im 6 ft 1 and have no troubles with headroom and i can still just about get people sat behind me. I also have size 12 feet and no problem with the pedals

I'm 6ft nothing, and I have to have my chair as far back as it goes. Even there, the steering wheel feels massive, and the gearstick is too far away. The driving position sucks, period. Definitely have a sit in one.

I'm 6"1'. Tis fine to drive. However my seat is all the way back, so not really any room behind, however i can move it forward enough to get someone in behind.

'53 172 Cup
6'3" and drive a 172Cup... plenty of headroom even with seat bolt upright, and legroom think I even have the seat forward one notch!!

As for this crap driving position debate... I'd love to know what allegedly make it crap as I've certainly no issue with it... !?!

No probs for me mate!! More than happy!!!

6ft2ish here with size 11 feet and I've got no probs with it. People trying to sit behind me have no chance though.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
You won't have any problems fitting in but you will have to get used to the seating position. Also you may not be able to get passengers in behind you.

I definitely can't drive with a passenger sitting behind me unless they saw their legs off before clambering in. In fact I can't even properly put my back seats down without moving the drivers chair. LoL they are f**king sheds, it has to be said. Fantastic fun to drive, and incredible on track for what they are but, they're still sheds :D

'53 172 Cup
The steering wheel is too big. The seat is too high. The gearstick is too far away.

IMO.

I have the seat as upright as can be and head still doesn't touch the roof... had no issues with the steering wheel tbf... and not sure what you on about with the gear stick!! Perhaps you recline further than I do!?!

Peddels too close and wheel to far away too.

Push yer seat back and sit up a bit... lol!!!

itb'd RB 182 cup
youll be fine im 6ft 4 have loads of space slight problem mashing pedals being that im size 13s but learn to live with it.

First Worst Quote fuckup Ever?

My chair is all the way back and quite upright. Even if it would go further back, that would just leave the gear shifer out of reach. Seriously, I know you get used it but, anyone who thinks there's nothing wrong with the driving position must resemble an Orangutan.

S4 Avant
Pedals too close and wheel to far away too.

Bang on there, I'm 6"5 and my back hurts after a while from driving it. Find myself in a hunched over position. although removing the vibration mounts and dropping the seat down a tad has helped no end.

Bang on there, I'm 6"5 and my back hurts after a while from driving it. Find myself in a hunched over position. although removing the vibration mounts and dropping the seat down a tad has helped no end.

You're big though lad. But after long times i do find it uncomfortable, due to my legs having to bend so i don't push the pedels. NO issue with my big feet though. Find the pedels nicely spaced, could all do with going left a bit though.

W

Willy

Im 6ft and it i sit perfectly snug. Cant fit people behind me, but not alot of room. The pedal box is also good considering i have size 12 feet :)