ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anti theft wallet (keyless entry) and software updates

RenaultSport 182
Hi folks. I’ve just bought a clio 200 sport on a 62 plate. Can somome please recommend the best anti-theft wallet/pouch for my key? I’ve seen this one in Halfords (see link below). Also, what’s the best steering lock available? Finally, just curious, how do Renault fair with other manufacturers in terms of these cars being stolen in this way? Where the theif is able to pick up the signal of your key inside your house? Do I need to go to the Renault garage for annual Renault software updates? Does anyone have any experience of this?

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/ca...7yprrbVGsxDkfLxl_zHSFPoeWllZvPz4aAkffEALw_wcB

Clio 182
The stop lock pro won’t fit the 200 wheel, I’ve tried and it just locks the horn on.
So maybe you’ll have to fit the huge one that covers the entire wheel.

I’ve been on these forums for years and you hardly ever hear of a Clio getting stolen but I appreciate your concerns to secure the car.

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
No-one wants to steal a renault mate
So true, my cousin in South Africa has a 250 and he doesn't even have an alarm because no one steals them and that's saying something when crime is so bad put there lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Stick one of these on it mate - all of mine have one on. They are Cat 3 Thatchan rated.

image.png

If they want it, they'll have it.

Disklok is a good deterrent, though.

re: keyless, doesn't sticking them in the microwave create a suitable barrier?