ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Toy at work.. Lotus content... (Now finished)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Europa S this time. I'm not convinced but I imagine it's a stunning drive. Will find out at a later date.

Is it a Vauxhall engine? Oh it runs poly bushes... engine is rough when cold!

It might be Ultimate Green befre it leaves us... :quiet:

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2322.jpg

IMG_2321.jpg

IMG_2320.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Re: Another Toy at work.. Lotus content...

Those wheels look so shite on that.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

I'm not a fan on it's general appearance

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

It's not great. I don't think these were massively popular when released actually.

Megane 225 F1

Wheels looks like they belong on some knobs 172.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon

If you've driven an Elise you'll drive this you'll know why it didn't sell well. The Europa just feels lazy in comparison. Its the Vauxhall VX220 lump but the way its geared makes it feel too leggy.

A soft Elise. Good but not good enough.

Oh and good luck getting parts! :quiet:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Front clamshell in 48 hours delivered sweetheart!

Ata vda! ;)

Turbos.

It was a car built on a budget and it shows. No surprise that they sold hardly any...

Has to be said though, they are league ahead of a VX220 for build quality. The doors even make a sort of thud noise.

A better colour combo with the TD wheels:

Europa1.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure. It's meant to be an allround Lotus but I think they failed a little then pushed the boat out with the Evora and succeeded.

£19,000 hmmm is it really worth that? It's not soft enough to buy over an elise/exige.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

I like how it looks personally. I'd drive it!

Arctic Blue FF 182

Yup, 2.0ltr turbo vauxhall lump. My works GT Cup car is a lotus Europa and with some playing they can produce some great reliable power. Getting rid of the rubbish Bilstein dampers makes a massive difference as well.

Gally, are you just removing the front clamshell? You wouldn't believe the weight of the rear clam! Currently fitting/ fabricating a light weight quick release 1 piece rear clamshell for a customers race Europa!

Anyone who is interested: http://www.hofmanns.co.uk/blog/motorsport

Had the annual Europa owners club meet the other month too: http://www.hofmanns.co.uk/news/lotus-europa-meeting-hofmanns

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Superb mate!

Do you have fitting details? Just the front clamshell. Headlight and front bumper.

I've got a price to give the owner on Monday. Circa 2.5k to respray it green.

rb182 cup

not a fan on that lotus....almost as ugly as the ford scorpio

Arctic Blue FF 182

Gally: All I have at home is a full Europa Service Manual/ Parts List. Quite a comprehensive manual, has got exploded diagram including fixing points? Any use?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza

Looks gorgeous.

Wheels are terrible though.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah mate fixing points if possible? Fax? Email?

Would be grand! :)

Wheels are poor.

Arctic Blue FF 182

Send me a Pm with your e-mail and I will send it over

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Do not want tbh.Theres better cars out there for 19k.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4

Gally this got a private plate on it starting with a S? the one thats always down at excite?

Turbos.

Yup, 2.0ltr turbo vauxhall lump. My works GT Cup car is a lotus Europa and with some playing they can produce some great reliable power. Getting rid of the rubbish Bilstein dampers makes a massive difference as well.

Fair to say Scott has had his fair share of teething problems though ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Gally this got a private plate on it starting with a S? the one thats always down at excite?

Yeah mate that one mate. Guy is a decent bloke.

Do you 2 compare bicep sizes? ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

I emailed you back James. Thanks again for the manual.

Any tips on roof/rear clam removal?

I see the Puma in the background, parked up in the CAT C bay. Have you not finished the seam welds on it yet?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

It's waiting to be fixed by a reputable bodyshop... ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

PMSL!

Oh the coincidence... we have a Focus ST (orange) In the paintshop rectifying 2 smart repairs. The front bumper and the 1/4 panel.

It's now costing £700+

That's not a good way to save money. The front bumper is yellow/red/orange covered in s**t and dry as a stick!

The quarter panel just looks like someone has repainted an oval in the middle of the quarter panel with an aerosol can.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah and pretty consistent of other smart repairs. No offence intended to fellow members who may be smart repair guys. :eek:

Everyone i've seen has been poor, when I say I mean shockingly bad. But then again if you were looking for bodyshop quality you'd pay to have it done right.

Two 0 Shitx

Good Shout Pearcy. Thats our works car, currently having a refresh ready for 24hour race later this year. I'm doing some work on it's brother ready for the same 24hour race at the moment!

You work for Hofmanns? Awesome! If theres any randy spec nitrons in need of a good home lying around you know where my PM box is ;) I thought he was having wet Porsche dreams atm?

Arctic Blue FF 182

You work for Hofmanns? Awesome! If theres any randy spec nitrons in need of a good home lying around you know where my PM box is ;) I thought he was having wet Porsche dreams atm?

Yup, at Hofmanns. Join the que....haha. None lying around unfortunately. What car you got? He hasn't said anything to me about the Porsche stuff I don't think, but I'v seen his Seloc thread about it

Two 0 Shitx

I don't have one yet but my dads used to race in LOT with him and randy drove his car at tuner gp.

Last edited: