ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another slightly lowered slow as s*it 1.2

1.2 clio dynamique
i've been meaning to get a few pictures of my car up here but have never had the time until now, its nothing special as its my first car, but its all mine and its great for what i use it for :D

As a brought it standard on 63k miles ish,

IMG-20120411-00115.jpg

It had a little knock so needed to replace the door,
IMG-20120421-00171.jpg

Tried to mend the rear 1/4 however realized i wasn't as good at this as i thought so ended up sticking it in the body shop,
IMG-20120511-00208.jpg

Lowerd a bit on the cheapest ebay springs i could find (decided it wasnt worth spending too much money on this car and would rather save for a new one in a year or so's time :rasp:) also painted the wheels Ford graphite grey,

IMG-20120519-00234.jpg

Sanded off the '16v' badge and resprayed satin black,
IMG-20120714-00406.jpg

Thats about it really, I've also added flatblade wipers, led sidelights, pipercroft panel filter xenon headlight and a new stereo (origional lacked aux port) but have no pictures of these :)

Cheers for looking, hope i didn't bore you too much!

1.2 clio dynamique
very unforgiving over bumps and quite bouncy, although the car handles so much better with them. for 60 quid they're ideal

1.2 clio dynamique
Im tempted to get an rs grill and color code the side plastics, however im hopefully getting a new car in 5 or so months time so i'm a bit loathed to spend any more money on this!

As for the springs; http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_n...w=clio+1.2+lowering+springs&_sop=15&_osacat=0 take your pick really i presume they're all roughly the same quality ect.

UPDATE: Replaced the nearside drop link yesterday and found the bolt supplied was too short and didnt come with a replacement nut, is this normal? (brought from Eurocarparts) Also gave it a good wash/minor detail, i have pictures of neither though :(

1.2 clio dynamique
Given the car a good wash and filled with fuel as it shall be coming with me to USC at santapod, then on to Norfolk with me tomorrow :D

Quick snap of the recently fitted yellow fogs;

IMG-20120709-00399.jpg

172 Ph1
UPDATE: Replaced the nearside drop link yesterday and found the bolt supplied was too short and didnt come with a replacement nut, is this normal? (brought from Eurocarparts) Also gave it a good wash/minor detail, i have pictures of neither though :([/QUOTE]

This is normal having no nut in the box , and the bolt is not to short it's got to go through bush that is compressed during installation , it's not an easy job.
Make sure the new nut is a nylon lock nut

1.2 clio dynamique
@ Mcgerkin, i did they're just not on in that picture..

@barnesautos, Cheers for clearing that up, i did wonder if you were supposed to compress them, i presume then the nut would come up against the shoulder(?)/non threaded part on the bolt to indicate the correct tension? i just used a longer bolt and nylock nut but i shall replace this with the correct bolt now.

1.2 clio dynamique
HID's in lights not designed for them is one of my pet hates! Cheers, Yours is looking good too, so nice to see a car modified properly rather than wanky bodykits ect. we seem to get round my area :(

1.2 clio dynamique
Round here we have 17-19 year olds in kitted/blacked out/stupidly loud 1.2 corsas, 19-25 year olds in astras modified the same way and i presume after that they either write their shitheaps off, or realize how ridiculous they look and buy a normal car! Makes me cringe when i think i used to be a corsa owner! (thankfully a standard 1L life)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
ALL the lads at work have corsas, and there's only one decent one.

Another of the lads experienced oversteer at 50mph going round a corner in his Polo. He thought the best solution to this scenario was to yank the handbrake. Lamp post 1, Polo 0. They all drive like this.

ALL the lads at work have corsas, and there's only one decent one.

Another of the lads experienced oversteer at 50mph going round a corner in his Polo. He thought the best solution to this scenario was to yank the handbrake. Lamp post 1, Polo 0. They all drive like this.

LOL "f**k too much oversteer quick handbrake it!"

1.2 clio dynamique
I get quite a bit of lift off oversteer without any use of the handbrake :D (my handbrakes decided not to work very well,adjusters are seized again i think)

1.2 clio dynamique
Gave my headlights a sand down and polish today, no pictures yet as its dark out although they are looking much better :)

I've also ordered a whiteline rear arb, before everyone tells me its a waste of money im planning on getting a 1.6 clio, so will get my moneys worth!

1.2 clio dynamique
Update!

Haven't updated this for ages as there hasnt really been much interest in it and i havent actually done anything, untill now that is!

cliooo.jpg

OZ something, 7j 15's. Needs new tyres soon as these ditchfinders are terrible, going to go for 50profiles next i think (currently 55)

1.2 clio dynamique
Yeah it'l make it slightly out, i wouldn't of thought by much though as the overall OD is only 11mm bigger (i think)

It's % difference of circumference that matters in this case (so times difference in diameter by pi, then take a % difference from original circumference) but yes the difference is marginal. Especially when your speedo only does 30mph +0 -3mph by EU law from the factory(IIRC).

1.2 clio dynamique
My head isnt ready for that level of maths at this hour! I have a rough feel of speeds anyway so whats on the speedo isnt massively important anyway

1.2 clio dynamique
Just ordered 4 Toyo proxies, 160 quid so not a bad deal i don't think. Read some mixed reviews about them so we shall see if theyre any good or not!