ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another New PC Build...

Bumder With A Buffer
Yep Installed last night and all sorted.

Only Issue I have now is the new Coolermaster fans I bought are pretty damn loud :eek: might have to purchase a fan controller or go PWM

Bumder With A Buffer
To touch a bit more on the above post the standard Xigmatek fan is a 120mm fan which appears to run at 1200rpm according to Speedfan.

The Sickleflow runs at 1850-1900rpm and when the front panel of the Xigmatek is off its not too bad noise wise. But as soon as the front panel is put on fcuk me its loud. Also I have it set to pull air into the case but when you put your hand over the front you can feel air being pushed out too....is that normal? Put your hand behind it and its definately pulling air

White Sti Hatch
Give Gentle Typhoons a go great fans running six of them in total on my rig for my two radiators and they are almost silent

Bumder With A Buffer
So yeah bought a fan controller.

IMAG1528.jpg

IMAG1529.jpg

Decided I wanted the above due to it being within eye shot and its small enough to not get in the way.

Have 4 fans running, Temp 1/Fan 1 is on the PCB just next to CPU fan located at the back of case,
Temp2/Fan2 is GPU fan for that on the side panel,
Temp3/Fan3 is harddrive case temp fan at front of case,
Temp4/Fan4 is PSU Temp fan located at bottom of case.
Temp 5 is just the leftover temp sensor randomly placed on the middle of the PCB.

Fans 1-3 are coolermaster Sickleflows max of 2000rpm and fan 4 is just the standard Xigmatek one which runs at 1200rpm max. Been doing some stress testing on it standard and temps sit at 44 degrees for the CPU. My next step is to overclock and monitor temps that way.

I think I have enough blue lights...

Front Fan

IMAG1532.jpg

Side Fan
IMAG1530.jpg

Back Fan and RAM leds

IMAG1531.jpg

Bumder With A Buffer
Bought some more shiney bits last few days.

A Roccat Kone V2 mouse and Roccat Taito gaming mouse pad.

Also purchase a few games..Fallout 3 GOTY, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, Crysis 2, Doom 3 BFG edition.

I know what I shall be doing over the Christmas break.

Bumder With A Buffer
Huh noticed something odd tonight.

Was doing some reading about over clocking and was attempting to sort that out. Noticed that I have been running my ballistix tracer memory at 1333mhz instead of 1600mhz. I'll have to change that me thinks!

I'm struggling to get my head round overclocking, kept getting a bios failure, maybe that memory setting was causing issues?

Bumder With A Buffer
I'd get a boot failure message with an option to revert back to known configuration I "think".

Was only quickly messing and a bit tired so I'll try and concentrate on it more tomorrow.... Hopefully!

Evo 5 RS
Bought some more shiney bits last few days.

A Roccat Kone V2 mouse and Roccat Taito gaming mouse pad.

Also purchase a few games..Fallout 3 GOTY, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, Crysis 2, Doom 3 BFG edition.

I know what I shall be doing over the Christmas break.

Should of got the Kone Pure mate, makes the Kone+ (v2) seems like a brick. Using my V2 at work now and hate it. Not sure on the external fan controller, bit clutterish! Looks pretty though.

...get those cables tidy ;) Love a big case.

Bumder With A Buffer
Should of got the Kone Pure mate, makes the Kone+ (v2) seems like a brick. Using my V2 at work now and hate it. Not sure on the external fan controller, bit clutterish! Looks pretty though.

...get those cables tidy ;) Love a big case.

I couldnt justify/bring myself to spending nearly 70 quid on a mouse. Got this one for £32 I think and even then I was adding it and deleting it from my basket!

My cables aren't that bad now I have the Antec PSU in and rerouted a few things. Plus all the extra wires to power the fan controller and temp sensors, Which where a PITA to mount/stick to places.

Evo 5 RS
The Elysium can't be touched for space if you're planning on water cooling. Nor for price, it's the best chassis on the market outside of building your own if you have big plans.

930620IMGP7510.jpg

Bumder With A Buffer
WANT.

Right what are good things to use for benchmarking graphics card?

3D mark?

I ran the 11 one last night and got what I felt was quite low score of around 5320 (I think).

Just installed Skyrim and am getting a solid 56-60 fps whilst playing, although I am getting an annoying flicker happening sometimes...unsure what that is.

The Elysium can't be touched for space if you're planning on water cooling. Nor for price, it's the best chassis on the market outside of building your own if you have big plans.

930620IMGP7510.jpg

Whos is that? That's pretty rediculous.

I'm afraid there are bigger and better cases if you look in the right places, I need a bigger one than the 800D for more radiators.

http://www.ldcooling.com/

Those looks nice, but damn expensive, may as well just import one from CaseLabs!

Yep I'm moving away from my 800D, just trying to decide what to go for :(.

Looked at the Switch 810 - not brilliant, Xigmatek is ok but leaves quality a bit to be desired.

TJ09 isn't big enough and not painted inside.

Am i missing any others?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Nice build Rich :) I need to sort mine out over Xmas, water cooling needs a good flush out and its dusty as hell!

Hope you get on well with the Seagate, they have gone down hill since being bought out by Maxtor, I had 2 brand new ones fail in 6 months, got another replacement which also failed... WD Blacks/RE4's all the way now ;) Seagate love their awful 1 year warrentys, they used to be so good :(

F82 M4
Right, I've been reading a few guides. I've decided to get overclocking, hoping for around 4.5Ghz. Bought myself a few beers so going to give it a go tonight. Spending Friday night in overclocking, I'm sad as hell! :cool:

Bumder With A Buffer
Ive bought home some toys to play with over Xmas.

One is a thermal imaging camera and the other is a smoke pencil. Pencil will be good to check airflow and what different fans do.

F82 M4
Well my overclocking has been a complete failure, PC keeps blue screening when running Prime95 :eek:

More voltage required!

Bumder With A Buffer
Same as I was getting :(

Il leave mine for another day as I dont think the half bottle of Jack Daniels is helping!

Bumder With A Buffer
El bumpo!

So finally tonight sat down and sorted an overclock. Currently running at 4.5 GHz with 1.195 voltage.

Started at 4.2ghz and 1.2 volts but upped GHz obviously. Temps are 28 ambient and mazes out around 65 ish when running Intel stress test.

I've never done an overclock before so does that sound okay? Even though I set my Vcore to 1.195 its reading at 1.2109 in cpu z