ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another new member

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Hi all.

Thought I'd join up and get soem info and maybe ask a couple questions before buying the next car. Currently looking at (sorry) golf gti 1.8t and 172's

right time for the search to begin

tiTTy & SV650
Good name TBH

welcome!

Golf Mk4? handling leaves a lot to be desired but a bit more grown up and reliable surely and much more tunable - 3 door with recaros if you have to....

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Well I'm 27 and only passed my car test in November after being on a bike for 10 years. I need something I can play with an love little hot hatches. Test drove a mk4 golf last night. It was mapped an hitting 217bhp but not exactly what I'd call fast an handled like a balloon compared to out Alfa. Mate suggested a 182 but I can't stretch the budget so thinking a 172 would be perfect.

Your have to excuse my post as I'm posting on an iPhone so it's a little long winded and wrong sometimes

tiTTy & SV650
You're like my alterego- I'm 27 and have just passed my bike test having been in cars for 10 years!

No cars going to feel fast if you've been using a bike day in day out for 10 years TBH my mates got a 207 brake VRS (also 1.8T tuned) and it is plenty quick enough for a car - overtakes with ease.

A 172 / 182 will stick with a DRZ400 to about 60 then leave it behind lol

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
And family originally from Scotland here. Weird!

I'm keeping the bike but gonna be a track day goer instead. It's too easy to get banned on a bike. Also she's a little loud. Vtr1000 sp1 ftw.

welcome!

if you want my advice, dont waste your money on a 1.8t

i got one when i was 19, loved it for the first 2 weeks, after that i was just so bored with it

the interior and build quality is top notch, but they really are the most boring car ever, it actually felt scary going round corners, and they are not even that fast in the straights

'53 172 Cup
Welcome to CS there good fella...

I'd recommend a 172 ff for comfort and cruising but for something a little more edgy get your hands on the 172Cup!!

That said if you're fairly new to cars then the Cup might not be the wisest choice as has no real driver aids other than very good grip! Plenty lively in the wet though!!

Try to get a drive in a couple of each if poss and see what you're feeling!!

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Cheers all.

So who is lilBlondie? Thinking of testing a 172 and it's got a cliosport.net badge and lilblondie so assuming it's a members ex car. Orange
badges all over but not my liking.