ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another mk3 project thread

Clio mk3 1.5dci
In the middle of my mk3 project so thought I might aswell make a thread for it, picked up this 1.5dci non runner mk3 local for £500, my dad been a mechanic replaced the fuel pump and injectors and it now runs sweet.
image.jpg

Clio mk3 1.5dci
image.jpg
Next up was replacing the horrible cream inter, looked about and found a full 197 interior for £155 delivered, so straight bought it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 57
  Clio mk3 1.5dci
Next was wheels and coilovers, so ordered a set of maxton coilovers and wound them completely down and took adjusters out, and bought a set of team dynamic pro race 1.2's which I sent for a refurb in VW T5 grey,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 87
  Clio mk3 1.5dci
The car is currently having work done to bodywork, been in the paint/repair trade I have begun by smoothing the rear bumper getting rid of the mouldings, and now on with completely smoothing the front, number plate recess also

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    429.8 KB · Views: 86
  Clio mk3 1.5dci
Too happy to say she is almost finished, bumpers smoothed, and a pretty much complete respray

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 87
  1.5 dci86 (09)
Sorry to dig up an old thread pal. Loving the look of the smoothed clio (RS interior looks comfy too...)! How is the ride on the maxton coilovers? A couple of shocks have gone recently on my motor so gives me an excuse to chuck on some coilys!
Cheers in advance!

Clio mk3 1.5dci
Sorry to dig up an old thread pal. Loving the look of the smoothed clio (RS interior looks comfy too...)! How is the ride on the maxton coilovers? A couple of shocks have gone recently on my motor so gives me an excuse to chuck on some coilys!
Cheers in advance!
Alright mate sorry just seen this! The coilovers ride very well even with the adjusters out etc, compared to friends cars, although the maximum drop isn't very low!

1.5 dci86 (09)
No worries mate I'm not on here too often anyway! Sounds decent. What sort of arch gap is left even on full slam with them? Sorry about 20 questions :p