ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another misfire

182 Trophy. 413/500
So, last month I had a misfire. Changed the pre cat lamda as per the scan. now its got a misfire on cycinder three. I'm going to go for coil pack and all plugs. just after advice where I should buy. Obviously best quality, cheapest price.

So, last month I had a misfire. Changed the pre cat lamda as per the scan. now its got a misfire on cycinder three. I'm going to go for coil pack and all plugs. just after advice where I should buy. Obviously best quality, cheapest price.
if its a coil pack issue you can,check it with it running. Just pop a ht lead off one at a time to see if there's a spark firing. Its most likely an injector failing. Just swap it round with another and see if the fault moves with it. As for where to buy its the usual ecp of gsf. There's a discount code thread on here for both as they run promotions most weekends. Ngk for sparks nothing else. Oe Renault for leads most recommend.

182 Trophy. 413/500
cheers for the reply. its really intermitent. didnt do it once yest. did it today after three mins driving. annoying AF.

the cars on 99k so probably due a new coil etc might just order them to rule them out. i know theyre done then too.

As for the inlet manifold...... does it have a gasket that needs replacing when you remove it??

Looking....
With the car running, unplug each injector in turn. If the engine note changes that injector is good. If no change that could be your problem.

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Sticking a multimeter on the injectors individually is the easyes/cheapest test imo. Just set it to resistance and check they all read the same