ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another JC5 oil leak thread *yawn*

172 phase 1
Hi,

after a bit of information from someone in the know,

my 53 clio cup is leaking gearbox oil about 2-3 drips a day, and smells when warm, i have traced the leak,

its circled in the below picture

gearbox8_zpsf5d4c2be.jpg

does the seal kit from renault fix the leak from this part of the selector, or is the seal for the part of selector with the black rubber boot over ?

think seal kit part number is
770 138 9670

Lionel Richie
that bit is just casting, its not "wet side" your leak will be from the selector seal, good luck buying that kit from renault, discountinued due to lack of demand! (i have 10 kits coming from France)

Clio 172 Cup
that bit is just casting, its not "wet side" your leak will be from the selector seal, good luck buying that kit from renault, discountinued due to lack of demand! (i have 10 kits coming from France)

10 !!!!!! your gonna sell ten before you've put a thread up your gonna need more than that i want 2 :rasp:

Lionel Richie
I'm not made of money LOL! Yes box stays put, its a bit of a t**t to do but only take 1 hour even for a numpty haha!

53 Clio's & counting
They all do it, just some worse than others ;)

I love Renault's fix for the later Clio's - stick a bit of plastic under it :S

Hi Fred do you have for sale the seal kit 7701389670 for my clio 182 cup please? I work at a main dealers and we can't get them any more. One or two of the techies are saying your box is never the same after its fitted which is a shame as mine is slick as anything even after 80k. From your experience are they that bad or do they need to bed in?? The leak isn't bad currently, just a stain really but I don't want it getting worse.

Would be grateful for any help

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have spoke to Renault UK and they have said that this kit is no longer made / available and there is no replacement for it either.
I have spoke to them more than once about this in great length and they have spoke to france with no joy.

Contact TND in france who make them.

I have recently had a few parts for the seal kit.

Very helpful and friendly. If you can talk french phone if not stick to email lol.

Here you go here is their contact.

infos@tnd-france.com

regarding the FN10 selector seal kit for the jc5

Last edited: