ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another immobiliser problem!!

Clio 182,vvc metro
Hi,

I fitted a gearbox to my car and just got it running again today.

First turnof the key it started,ran for about a second then cut out,bit odd I thought but drove on anyway thinking maybe it was because it hadn't been used in a month or so.

Then I noticed nearly every time the car was turned off then back on it would cut out the first start but when I retried it would start perfect the second time.

When I stopped at the shop and tried to start it it just cranked over every time and wouldn't fire up at all,obviously an immobiliser fault.

I think the first time I got 4 beeps when unlocking,then every time after that I got 3 beeps when locking,which I think just shows the alarm sounded and due to which sensor? Which it didn't..

So for about ten minutes it wouldn't start,locking and re locking the car throughout,but then I out the key in the ignition and hit the lock button on the key a few times and tried it and it started,whether that was a coincidence or not I'm not sure.

Basically what I'm asking is does that sound similair to anything common? I see a lot of immobiliser faults popping up at the minute and also is there anything gearbox related I may have forgot to plug In? Ecu was out of the car and battery was disconnected for about a month so maybe just a case of re syncing the key?

Seems to be working now but I don't really want to risk heading out tomorrow and getting stranded.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Clio 182,vvc metro
Bumping this up.

Cars now doing it again.

4 beeps when I lock the car,then cranking over for a few seconds but won't start.

Tried resyncing the key but can't get it to enter programming mode?

Clio 182,vvc metro
Also noticed the immobiliser light on the dash is staying solid

If I turn the key to on and try start it straight away the car will crank for a few seconds but not start,but if I wait say 2 seconds after turning the key to the on position it won't even try crank at all.

Clio 182,vvc metro
Sorry to keep posting on this but I can't see how you edit posts?

I tried so,ething I saw on another page,ignition on for 30 seconds,turn it off and leave key in ignition for 30'seconds,then start,and it has started fine now?