ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another great renault item...falls apart

Shhh
Not really clio related, but might be.

I have a 2005 (55) Megane II, 5 door thing with keyless entry.

I had an issue with the rear right door handle, that the button on the outside did not lock the car. The car went in for a repair, and the button was replaced.

All is great, until earlier today, part of the door handle has become missing...

its the bit on the right..

fc0e_1.jpg

or looks like this...

5e80_1.jpg

but instead its a little bit deeper..

So, now i have a hole in my car door, its snowing and people can put things in it.

How do i deal with the dealer tomorrow with this, only bought car 3weeks ago, still under main warranty and im not very happy.

Unknown if they can access the car through this hole, but i would not want people trying..

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
I aint got a clue how to help :S

But I'd give the dealer a proper bollockin though:nono:

Clio 182 with Cup packs
Err, are you saying that the bit in the second picture is missing ? If so, that's just a plastic cap and the hole behind it is where you put the key !

If the battery in your key card thing goes flat there's a key in the middle of the card you can use to unlock the car. Pretty pointless however as it's still alarmed and immobilised. Found out this when trying to move my neighbours car which was blocking my garage and they were in Brazil!!

Go back to the dealer and tell them they obviously didn't put the cap back on properly after the repair as it's fallen off. If they won't play ball and replace it, closely examine one of the cars on their forecourt and see how easily they come off. Obviously I wouldn't suggest then dropping it in your pocket ;)

Shhh
No, the door key is on the front passenger side.

This is the rear right door, so the whole thing has fallen out. Can see inside the door. Would be hard to replace as looks like the door panel needs to come off.

Will try to take a picture, and get it up here for all to see.

Its the keyless entry door handles,which i cant find pictures of.

Clio 182 with Cup packs
Oh, that's not so good. If it's still under main warranty though you should be OK getting it fixed. The service manager needs a rocket up his ar5e though if that's the handle/lock that you had fixed. I'd cover the opening with a bit masking tape to keep the snow and rain out until you can get down to the dealers.

CB600FS
They've not pushed the retaining slide back in from the edge of the door when its open and its fell out probably.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
FPMSL!!

Be prepared for lots of things to fall off. I had several brand spanking new ones when I worked for Renault (You get a new one every 3 months) and there is a big list of things to fall off. Randomly. Irrelevant of age/mileage.

-Rear view mirror casing (Auto lights & wipers one) It will just drop clean off while driving. Great.
-Door handles. (The whole things come off in your hand if you pull them too hard)
-Handbrake levers/casings come off in your hand.
-As do handbrake release buttons.
-The electric mirror switches pop out and refuse to go back in the whole.
-Front passenger footwell carpet comes away and you will see wires.

Awful Cars imo.

Mk2 Clio dci
It hasnt been secured back into place. How its fell out though i dont know, because even when there not secured they are a bit stiff to pull out. But then i doubt someone would nick it.
Tape the handle up for now though because someone could pinch that easily now, as it just pulls out without that part.

Shhh
Service manager gave me his car, not long dropped it off. Over 40mile round trip to collect car.

Have a nice kia now, complete with tesco clubcard & house key..

FPMSL!!

Be prepared for lots of things to fall off. I had several brand spanking new ones when I worked for Renault (You get a new one every 3 months) and there is a big list of things to fall off. Randomly. Irrelevant of age/mileage.

-Rear view mirror casing (Auto lights & wipers one) It will just drop clean off while driving. Great.
-Door handles. (The whole things come off in your hand if you pull them too hard)
-Handbrake levers/casings come off in your hand.
-As do handbrake release buttons.
-The electric mirror switches pop out and refuse to go back in the whole.
-Front passenger footwell carpet comes away and you will see wires.

Awful Cars imo.

Just about spat my dinner out at that bit :lolup:

Do you mean the entire handle has fell out or just the side casing bit?