ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another German Daily... BMW E30 iS

I was looking at E36 318iS's for awhile... but up'd my budget to get a nice e30

Cheers folks

PS new rims sooon... these are abit battle scared and wobble at motorway speed :(

New rims and standard spltter fitted...

G60 8x15 banded steels... I was worried they might have to much poke but they should still tuck nicely.. Im going to buy a sump guard off ebay today and once its fitted i will give the springs a trim ;)

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

Epic.

I had the smileys apart yesterday, painted the insides black, then fitted a HID kit, lol. Takes me back to the Mk2 days, brilliant visibility.

Nah - Im just going to smoke them too eventually, much prefer the 'darker' headlights/spots, especially now ive removed the trims and its on steels... I dont even need full beam with these in. Took a bit of adjusting to get the beams level, but they work well... was a 6000k kit from round the corner from you, got it cheap as the box was damaged!

I did want to give it a wash for these pictures... but in this weather its pointless.. White cars suck lol

Im pretty happy with how its sat but I still might put my 5mm rear spacers back on once ive done a little more arch work... I will have to get coilovers in the future as the front shocks won't be lasting so long with the cut springs.. but it will do for now

Also lost the carbon badges for 8 balls like i did on my 325i

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Lookin good! Love em! My mate did quite a cool mod by incorporating his front Indis in the lights -

fd0859c8.jpg

Thats a super stealth mod your mates done Tom... I didn't even notice it first time I looked... Any links to a build thread?

Ghetto modding was a silly idea tbh... rides like a bag o s**te now lol

One of my rear wheels is loosing air badly, it was down to 6psi by the time i noticed.. hope its just a puncture and not the welds leaking!! :(

Cheers guys

PS.. any updates on yours R1XPH?

E30 318iS x2
I will have to get coilovers in the future..

True front and rear coil over kits are hard to come by on E30's and they come at a cost :dapprove:

I can't remember the last update I did. I've been flat out over the last 2 and a half months so I've just been doing little bits to get it ready for MOT. It's given me a good chance to save up for the parts I need. I've got a track day at Combe coming up then once that's done I'll start some work on it :)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Michael Dean "is hunting for E30's on the net" small obsession made worse because of you <3

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
after its been ragged to death! if youre gonna fix it every time it brakes ;)

Storm Grey 200
Looks lovely, currently searching for one to do europe in over summer....

Wheres the front number plate at?

Cheers guys

A standard 318iS would be mint to tour Europe in... The only down side I can see is they rev quite high in 5th on the mototway

It looks a state at the moment (I will get some pics tomorrow).. The steels are leaking from the welds, so they are coming off in pairs to be repaired and then will be sold for something much lighter and performance based (maybe)... but ive been wondering if i should just sell up before i ruin it :eek:

My front plate is in the boot...

I set the BM up for the snow on Monday.

It turned up yesterday but by the time it came to going skidding in it.. it was all ice but its snowing (ish) now so fingers crossed for tonight :D

I fitted some non banded G60 steels (what a difference 2"s makes eh!! ;) ) with nice balloon tyres.. Its not been washed since the CS meet so looking rather slagish..

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

3x Heavy banded steels and a spacesaver to aid traction lol

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Amazing how a set of wheels can make a really nice car look absolute s**t!