ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another dephaser issue ( I think )

Monaco 172 (5/468)
I had my timing belt changed around 2 year ago but just recently I've heard what I suspect to be the dephaser as I never had it changed at the time.

On Thursday after coming of the motorway slip road I heard the Engine become really loud so I pulled over and called the AA.

The AA didn't have a clue and said it needed a full strip down to identify the fault. He started the car up after Identifying that it wasn't a timing belt and it made a awful noise.

My question is, If the dephaser has actually broke whats the possible damage.

I'm in the AA's mechanical breakdown scheme if it is the dephaser would It be covered ?

Monaco 172 (5/468)
So finally got my car to the local garage yesterday, after work I popped down to see him to discover he'd stripped the engine to find this ....

Think he said it was one of the inlet valves that had snapped !!! WTF really ? anyone got any thoughts on how this can happen..

Its a 172 on a 2001 plate with 50k on the clock, full service with belts changed back in 2010..

215912_4802791225059_1348296930_n.jpg