ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anglesey Coastal Trackday (Very Wet!)

Myself, AdamAnderton and Rob91 went to Anglesey on Saturday - despite the forecast being fine it p*ssed it down all day long. Needless to say I wont be going back unless its the middle of summer and hopefully dry!

AI4C1911.jpg

AI4C1458.jpg

AI4C0760copy.jpg

AI4C2861copy.jpg

Just about a tripod in the rain..

AI4C2498.jpg

I never managed to string together a single lap, as there was either too much rain or the back end would kindly come out thanks to the R888's... Towards the end of the video (below) the standing water was just absolute madness, wheelspin at 100mph in fourth came very easily...

Im sure Adam and Rob will post some of their pictures sometime soon...

Last edited by a moderator:
  CLIO PH1 172
love this car!! every time i see new pics of it on the track it makes me want to buy a mk1!!!! shame about the weather but i bet you had fun still. did you only take 888s

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Awesome day, just a shame about the rain. Cheers for the passenger laps lads.

Conditions were insane towards the end of the day-circuit was like a river. Good skill to keep from havin any mishaps.

Did you not have any road tyres with you?

Yeah, drove there on the Williams wheels. Although, they have 1 x T1-R, 1 x PE2 and 2 x no-brand tyres on them. They are all around 1mm from being no good from the road as they were just what I had left in storage to use up before the year was out, so they would have probably been worse than the R888s

Goodness me!!

As much of a pain in the arse/dangerous as it must have been, it does look quite fun in the wet. Could get tedious after a few laps, mind...

Yeah, was pretty much like driving on the roads to be honest, quite boring unfortunately..

nice 3 wheels !im sure the n/s/r is off the ground !

Yeah just about...

love this car!! every time i see new pics of it on the track it makes me want to buy a mk1!!!! shame about the weather but i bet you had fun still. did you only take 888s

See above :)

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Respect to you guys;)

Ive done Angelsey a few times now and first thing in the morning it can be quite slippery but never been out in them conditions...................

a thirsty one
real trackdays have sea spray and that funny white sea spray foam on the back section, seperates men from boys lol

even when the rain had stopped i had to put wipers on at the back section because the wind was bringing sea spray onto the track, the foam on track was epic

182 ff with cup pack's
Doing anglesey in 2weeks time im praying for a dry day. looks like u guys had fun even with the rain

a thirsty one
mine was a diff day but foxy et al seems to have had a riot, good ciruit and quite safe (read that as not much to hit) just glad i wasnt there the same time as them they would have shown me up something rotten , love foxy front wheel lift off oversteer moments.