ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

angelworks

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
In all honesty, I can't complain about my inlets as I paid £150 for them second hand. If I had paid £175, exchange, I may not be sat on the other side of the fence.

just be glad you've got 182hp. i have around 55-60 tops with an induction kit, new ht leads, plugs, de-cat so think yourselves lucky. a little renault clio isn't a ferrari at the end of the day its only a little cheap hatchback so what are you expecting that a few little mods will magically give you 50hp.

a lot of hot air here.

As Rich says, you are only fine tuning the engine making it rev easier, adding some more midrange torque etc.

IMO Sports cats are a pointless waste of money, granted they will pass the MOT, but if your going to go to the extent of changing the CAT anyway why not just add a de-cat, and put the CAT back in come MOT time?

I cant justify spending a load on my engine, ive an exhaust, decat, BMC CDA and paul will be re-mapping it after FCS at some point.

Spending £1200 on these engines isnt going to give you a totally different driving experience in terms of power etc.

If your after a huge difference id probably fit throttle bodys, shoehorn in a VAG lump or even better sell it and by something quicker.

Pauls Meg 225 goes like s**t off a shovel. And power can be more easily gained for less money.

my 2 pence worth...

VaVa
I think you will find the RS inlet on 2004 onwards which means it is on the last of the 172's. My 04' plate had one fitted, not any longer as I exchanged mine at AWT knowing they would be the same once machined and that I would possibly gain less over an earlier inlet, hence the reasoning that earlier models respond better to this mod, even tho it might not be physically noticable......could you tell the difference with a 7.0 sec. 0-60 over a 7.2, I defo couldn't, becuase i'd imagine this is all were talking about. Maybe in gear 30-70 might be a few fractions of a second quicker too or half a car length.
The reasoning behind combining this mod is to maximise the gains as alone it is very little and unoticable.........IMO

Adam, highly unlikely you will have an RS inlet, if your considering getting your inlets done I think the re-map is worthwhile. Might be worth putting mine and yours back to back and then you will see if mines quicker. BTW....did you have agood holiday:)

Au contraire. I had an RS inlet on my 2003 172 (first build after the Autumn shutdown) delivered in Nov 2003. b******s already new about the 182 but still sold me a 172. The s**t bags. lol.

Clio 172 mk2
a lot of hot air here.

As Rich says, you are only fine tuning the engine making it rev easier, adding some more midrange torque etc.

IMO Sports cats are a pointless waste of money, granted they will pass the MOT, but if your going to go to the extent of changing the CAT anyway why not just add a de-cat, and put the CAT back in come MOT time?

I cant justify spending a load on my engine, ive an exhaust, decat, BMC CDA and paul will be re-mapping it after FCS at some point.

Spending £1200 on these engines isnt going to give you a totally different driving experience in terms of power etc.

If your after a huge difference id probably fit throttle bodys, shoehorn in a VAG lump or even better sell it and by something quicker.

Pauls Meg 225 goes like s**t off a shovel. And power can be more easily gained for less money.

my 2 pence worth...

I think that sums up the way I feel about 172/182 tuning

CB600FS
a lot of hot air here.

my 2 pence worth...

Good post

My Trophy started out with 165 bhp and is now running at 183 bhp.

I've bought secondhand parts off the forum from other members and am very happy with my car.

The next set of mods also bought off someone on here should make it even more fun.

Anyone who fancies a chat look me up at FCS.

:)

Turbo Beige
Best Clio mod is free

weight loss

Exactly, my favourite quote ever coms from Colin Chapman (founder of Lotus for the uneducated!!), ''add lightness'', the easiest and cheapest way to a better power to weight ratio (which is all you are trying to improve at the end of the day).

R

rich[182]

Great thread this, has finally made me decide I'm saving the money I planned to spend on further mods and instead put it towards other things (360, upgrading PC gaming rig, Home cinema and a holiday)

Current mods simply Milltek cat-back, ITG panel, DIY cold feed, Hillpower inlet, 15kg weight loss

Only other non cosmetic stuff I'm doing is fitting the Sportlines that are stuck in the garage and brake fluid bleed, mechanically everything else can go bo**ox tbh, must have a good-un as I can see off std 182's currently so it'll do for me, it's only a frickin Clio at the end of the day and I've no worries about invalidating warranty so I can settle for all this and just enjoy it for what it is, fun on 37mpg, think I've needed to get a reality check on the 182 for a while and stop taking it too seriously and just enjoy what I have tbh
Think I'll go get my keys and go for a :race:

Last edited by a moderator: