ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

...and the best sealant is...?

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Tried Tough Coat, worked out reasonably well. Liked the fact it was easier to apply than E G P but found the results to be more or less the same. Left a sort haze on my metallic black Monaro, bit disappointed about that.

So, I'm the hunt for a better sealant than E G P (greater durability) with the ease of application found with Tough Coat. Thanks to Yellow Dave for allowing me to sample his Tough Coat!:star:

Suggestions gentlemen...?

Thanks.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Hi mark.

Long lasting and easy to use, maybe look at GTechniq C1.5 OR C2. Both spray on sealants that leave a very glassy finish, work best on a very clean / IPA wipedown base. Again I have both if you want to try them out. Same application applies, the less you use the better the results.

for the colour of both your cars I think a wax would give the best look, but depends how long you want it to last?

For that reason I'd have a look at Zaino Z2 or Z5

'best' comes down to the eyes of the user, want they want from it and how much they are willing to pay. I never found EGP to last more than a month / 6weeks before contaminants were bonding to it. Toughcoat has been on the focus 2months now and all is still washing off. Unfortunately it all comes down to trial and error trying to find which one best suits you

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm going to have to suggest Z5, for ease of use and stuff it's so good. Nice glaze or something then couple of layers of Z5! Winning all night long!

I go Z2 on lightish colours then Z5 on darker.

C2 for ease of use. Used on a wet or dry car, spray on, buff off. Great looks, great durability.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Hi mark.

Long lasting and easy to use, maybe look at GTechniq C1.5 OR C2. Both spray on sealants that leave a very glassy finish, work best on a very clean / IPA wipedown base. Again I have both if you want to try them out. Same application applies, the less you use the better the results.

for the colour of both your cars I think a wax would give the best look, but depends how long you want it to last?

For that reason I'd have a look at Zaino Z2 or Z5

'best' comes down to the eyes of the user, want they want from it and how much they are willing to pay. I never found EGP to last more than a month / 6weeks before contaminants were bonding to it. Toughcoat has been on the focus 2months now and all is still washing off. Unfortunately it all comes down to trial and error trying to find which one best suits you

Cheers Dave, the info as is always very much appreciated!:)

I think a wax would be ok for the gas guzzling Monaro since it live most of its life under a cover! Only does under 3K miles per year. But the Ibiza being the daily driver would probably benefit from a sealant as it should require less maintenance than a wax?

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
I'm going to have to suggest Z5, for ease of use and stuff it's so good. Nice glaze or something then couple of layers of Z5! Winning all night long!

I go Z2 on lightish colours then Z5 on darker.

Z5 is a sealant then? I've got a bottle of Clearkote glaze sitting on the shelf, a sealant can be applied over this? Who manufactures Z 5 and the rough cost is?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's about £16 or similar. Zaino manufacturer it. Their products never fail to impress. Research it.

It'll sit on the glaze fine.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I do love HD, it's such a good simple wax! I love a massive pot of it in a Vintage tub! ;)

Titanium 182
Zaino has to be the easiest product I have ever used.

I wasn’t a fan because of the price and small bottles, but once you try then there is no turning back.

I love it!