ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

amps and heat

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
i heard that amps get really hot and can frigg up, im plannign on a boot install with faulse floor, how should i go abot keeping the amp cool? if its under the faulse floor or wont this be a prob? its a spare wheel well build and based on taylors build, should i vent the amp and how relevent is it?

clio 182 + cup packs
i would use the main power feed from ur amps dont forget to fuse it down, you could use the 4 way fuse block. the switch it on and off with your amps remote feed from the head unit via a relay.

hope this helps

i did the same build in my cousins clio

clio 182 + cup packs
the remote switsh which is from your head unit is only rated at few amps so if your switching on more than 2 amps you should use a relay and definatly if using it to switch on any sort of install lighting

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
mount the amp or amps to a block of aluminium, then you dont have to wire up any fans

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
dont be stupid!!

hes going to enclose an amp under a false floor, so enclosed.

he will put a fab down there and once the air gets hot the fan will just blow hot air around as theres no way to get the hot air out the enclosed space!

clio 182 + cup packs
when i did my mates i cut some slots in the floor and fix two fans either side one drawing air out and one suckin air in

dont be stupid!!

hes going to enclose an amp under a false floor, so enclosed.

he will put a fab down there and once the air gets hot the fan will just blow hot air around as theres no way to get the hot air out the enclosed space!

its called venting...you dont completely seal an amp off :rolleyes:

Evo 6, E92 320d
Not sure on the overall layout, but something like this would work
ampfloor.gif

have 1 fan drawing air in, the other taking it out.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Thinking of doing it myself, but i want to keep my spare wheel and tools, where can i pic up a boot net from?(sorry for thread hijack)

Mk1 Facelift '97 1.2
if amp is getin 2 hot then surely u are not really running an amp big enough for the subs. the fans and relays are sounding to complicated. lol.

clio 182 + cup packs
when i did my mates i put a lift up hatch in the boot so he could get at his spar wheel i used a stealth sub box so the sub was out of the way worked really well cos he could fold the seats and still fit all his tools in for doin his jobs at weekend

"Navy" N17 TWO
Simple, cover the amps with perspex.
Get a logo or something cut out of the perspex to vent the amps - sorted :)

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
i will be venting the amp just with small vents mabe a colour trumpet hole but what i really need to know if the amp is still open air in that respect will i need a fan still? ill be getting a 350w rms amp and a 350wat rms sub the amp will be consealed but with an open air small acsess trumpet, probs about 3 inch dia. any ideas ? im making the sub box now ill reply soon as im done

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
if amp is getin 2 hot then surely u are not really running an amp big enough for the subs. the fans and relays are sounding to complicated. lol.
the amp isnt even in yet

all ive got so far is the raised floor and the sub box in place in the wheel well im doing the supporting frame tomorrow and then the sub and amp can be sized up and ill go buy em but until then i am just collectiong info... a recon if you will...

lol any ways ill leave as much ventalation as possible and see hoe it goes i may shot my digital thermomitar in and extend the wires through the car to the right of the steering wheel and slot the lcd into the little holder below the dimmer switches and then i can monitor it

"Navy" N17 TWO
Install the ICE, play the music for a bit - feel how warm it gets then finish your fabrication accordingly ;)

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
fair play i dnt want this to take forever mind lol i think ill vent it and leave it i dnt see need for fans as im only powering one Oz vector 10 sub

v.true,but didnt want to put people off the lower budget stuff,too many people on here rate names that do things like smoothy makers,ie. kenwood etc

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
im looking into focal now, im not going for real budget im loking at around 100 for a decent sub i can get a jl 12" for 90 is that any good?

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
ok lol matt can you recomend a decent 10" sub or mabe 12" for under 100 i want good quality also any amp that will power it nicely

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
there excellent mate do clio sport members get a discount :p im gona order one now,

its a wheel well install, whats the verdict on 10 or 12?