ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp + Sub Install

Twingo Dynamique
guys, i bought a sub with built in amp cheap off a mate, i know its not the best quality, but it will do me fine until i want something better..

The guys at the audio place want £130 for wiring it in... WTAF!!!

so... i'm happy to put it in myself :) :L

I just wanna know what bits of cable/wires i need to get!!

I'm fitting to a Pioneer DEH-8400BT H/U and the amp/sub is a fusion EN-AB2120

i've estimated an 8 gauge power cable? i know i will also need ground, and the RCA (x1?) what else do i need?

Perhaps somebody could post some links of either wiring kits, or individual products.

i dont want to go too cheap and cheerful with the cables, but dont want to spend the earth blah blah :L thanks guys :)

James

Halford's do a generic 'Vibe' wiring kit that should be suitable. it costs around £30 and comes with power cable w/ inline fuse, grounding cable etc.
As for getting it fitted, I had a friend do it for £40, he drilled through the bulkhead to let the power cable go through and it runs under the plastic sill-trim on the left (hidden), past the rear seats and through to the boot, the RCA cables from the stereo and are cable tied to various bits and bobs under the steering/dash etc down the right hand sill trim, rear seats and voila! Keeping power away from the RCA is supposed to minimize cross-talk interference. for ground, I ground it to one of the bolts under the rear seats!
All in all it took us maybe an hour - maximum!

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...earch&storeId=10001&catalogId=10151&langId=-1

Last edited:
  Twingo Dynamique
yeah... well i'm happy to do it myself now that i've found a good place to go through bulkhead... and someone said to me there's no noticeable interference from rca to pwoer or whatever it is... so might aswell just go down same place...!?

If both down the same works for you bud - all power to ya! I was always of the mind that any unsheilded cable will give off EM noise and the RCA cables that came with my sub wern't exactly the highest of quality.
I'd not have wanted to put them all in, find it 'noisy' and have to take them out and put them all in again down the other side!

Also be sure to put a little grommet on the hole you drill to stop rust and the metal rubbing through the wire and making some sort of fantastic short to your bodywork! I added a link there to the various kits they sell.

Twingo Dynamique
yeah :L well i'm going through where the bonnet pull goes... :L will have a lookie at that grommet, will hopefully get through same hole :p :L

Renault Clio MK4 RS
I phoned my local halfords to get mine fitted and they told me they don't fit them anymore .... ? :(

Wouldnt bother with halfords doing it anyways. They did it on my friends before and they put the power cable through the arch of the car! for £30 thats disgraceful fitting!

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
check out your local maplins. sell all the cables by the metre and all fuse blocks etc too prob ss cheap as youll get and not bad quality