ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

am thinking of changing my 182

right...i've i had my 182 for nearly 3yrs from new. it has 38000 on the clock and will be out of warranty in january. i am thinking of getting an r27...if there are any still available. two questions - how much do you think i my 182 would be worth on a trade in? how much do you think i should be aiming at dealing on an r27 for? cheers

MG ZS180 Mk2
Well, for a trade in you should get about £7000 - £7500

You can get a basic R27 for £13995 but you should easily be able to get 10% off any extras (climate/xenons etc) without any hassle.

I believe that are still in the 300's at the moment as I have seen a picture of one numbered as 294 so there should still be time if you are quick.

I got offerd 5.5-6k on a Focus St the other day! mines only done 32k, 54 plate also , and in very very good nic!!!!

leon

I got offerd 5.5-6k on a Focus St the other day! mines only done 32k, 54 plate also , and in very very good nic!!!!

leon
That seems very low to me. my mate traded in his bog standard 1.2 fiesta for a seat leon and got £5500 for it...roughly the same age as my 182 but with about 10000 fewer miles. i was thinking that it should be worth around £7000-75000. I would like to think that i would be offered more than 6k for it.

Black/Gold 182
I only got offered £7.2K for my June '05 182 with Cup Suspensio Pack and 19K on the clock (was looking at a Skoda Octavia VRS). Decided against it because of the low price...

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
You'll be disappointed with the performance of the R27 if you've not driven one.

I'd reconsider and look at an R26 although they aren't without their issues reliability wise.

I got offerd 6.8k on a trade in for a Seat Leon Cupra today. That does seem the going rate, i don't think it'll get more than 7k .

I'm Going to another Seat dealer today, and what makes it worse is there are no deals on the Cupra whatsoever, they just can't meet demand!

leon

fad

Clio 182 FF
I'm looking for a 182 at the minute and it seems they have taken a bit of a hit, going to view one at a trade garage next week which is a 54 plate, Artic Blue with 22k miles and its up for 7k ono

You'll be disappointed with the performance of the R27 if you've not driven one.

I'd reconsider and look at an R26 although they aren't without their issues reliability wise.
i wouldnt think that the performance would be significantly different to my 182. at the end of the day, it is very unlikely that i will ever get anywhere near the top speed on either of these cars. 0-60 there would be nothing in it. i think that the r27 would be a lot fresher looking, bit more stylish inside. however...it really depends what i would be offered for my own before changing!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Asking on here what you'll get is pretty pointless imo . All dealersships will offer you different amounts depending on what deal you you can come to on a new car .

Have a look on autotrader to get a rough idea of what they are going for but be prepared to get your ass raped if you do part ex . Selling private is the only way you'll get anywhere near it's true value , but then you have the inconvenience of having to wait for somebody to want to come and view yours and part with some hard earned and you could be waiting weeks .

Asking on here what you'll get is pretty pointless imo . All dealersships will offer you different amounts depending on what deal you you can come to on a new car .

Have a look on autotrader to get a rough idea of what they are going for but be prepared to get your ass raped if you do part ex . Selling private is the only way you'll get anywhere near it's true value , but then you have the inconvenience of having to wait for somebody to want to come and view yours and part with some hard earned and you could be waiting weeks .

Ive just had a look on Autotrader and in the north west there is a hell of a lot of 182 going for 7-8k privet and trade , some with 22k on the clock!

Imo people bought them as a nice little nippy car, they are not car enthusiasts like us , so there just trying to shift them on and the market is flooded with 182's , so there letting them go for peanuts!

leon

What are the reliability issues with the R 26

Thanks

Phil

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Dealers are pants.Sell it private and go to the dealer with a motorpoint cut out showing him there price.You will save thousands