ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternator power lead terminal

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Whilst removing my alternator/AC today, as I attempted to crack the nut holding the red power supply lead, the terminal gave up and the cable hung loose.
The crimp part of the terminal is still on the wire. May have been why my alternator died, crappy connection maybe?

Either way, I need to get another terminal in the lead before I get the alternator back on. Looking for some help with this, terminal connected type, best way to do it etc.

Thanks,

Attachments

• D9FA37FD-C2C1-4CFD-8FE0-8E153C0FB1F6.jpeg
    D9FA37FD-C2C1-4CFD-8FE0-8E153C0FB1F6.jpeg
    271.1 KB · Views: 74
  • EDE0CBF8-69D5-48B2-B2A0-5E635A68C8BC.jpeg
    EDE0CBF8-69D5-48B2-B2A0-5E635A68C8BC.jpeg
    292.6 KB · Views: 74

Geewhite32

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup 172 2002
Whilst removing my alternator/AC today, as I attempted to crack the nut holding the red power supply lead, the terminal gave up and the cable hung loose.
The crimp part of the terminal is still on the wire. May have been why my alternator died, crappy connection maybe?

Either way, I need to get another terminal in the lead before I get the alternator back on. Looking for some help with this, terminal connected type, best way to do it etc.

Thanks,
I can see this is nearly a year old. Exact same happened to me, I bought a 10mm Fuller ring terminal. Attached it to the new alt, and screwed the power lead tight with the two inbult screws in the fuller ring after fitting the new alt. Granted mine is a cup, no aircon or abs to feck about with. Gee.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
I can see this is nearly a year old. Exact same happened to me, I bought a 10mm Fuller ring terminal. Attached it to the new alt, and screwed the power lead tight with the two inbult screws in the fuller ring after fitting the new alt. Granted mine is a cup, no aircon or abs to feck about with. Gee.
I ended up using needle nose pliers to get the rest of the old connector off, then buying a pack of battery cable terminals and a hammer punch. Worked fine, car was running shortly after