ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternative to Powerflex Upper Engine Mount insert?

Ph1 172
Been running a Powerflex upper engine mount insert for a while now and the dashboard rattles like mad! I can't seem to find an OEM replacement though. Anyone know where I can get hold of one? This yellow one is the softest Powerflex do :cautious:

monaco 172
Just take the insert out? The only other options are the pure Motorsport one and the vibratech, both which will be worse than your current setup.

I fitted one a few weeks ago and I agree, it rattles like mad, but doesn't really bother me, the car has got no refinement whatsoever anyway so you might aswel enjoy it feeling a bit stiffer.

Ph1 172
Just take the insert out? The only other options are the pure Motorsport one and the vibratech, both which will be worse than your current setup.

I fitted one a few weeks ago and I agree, it rattles like mad, but doesn't really bother me, the car has got no refinement whatsoever anyway so you might aswel enjoy it feeling a bit stiffer.

Fair points thanks, will see what it's like when out, I thought there would be an OEM equivalent to the yellow insert.

True it does drive better with it in but this is a daily driver (mad I know lol)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Remove it and fit a febi one. Kangoo is the same iirc

I removed mine as coupled with an evol dogbobe mount it annoyed me too much.

406 V6, Race Buggy
Probably better off removing it, fitting a new mount and uprating just the lower torque arm/dogbone if it's still not tight enough.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
If it's just a daily driver a new OEM mount should be fine? Unless you're always driving at 10 tenths.