ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine CDE-102Ri steering remote control?

Clio 1.2
hey all as title iam soon getting a Alpine CDE-102Ri for the clio

but i want to keep the steering remote control but have no idea what ones are avalible and the one i need :S

please help

thanks

phil

106 GTI
I think it depends on the year of your car as after 04 you need the more expensive 1 as its CANbus or something

interested in this as well. i think you need three (?) leads to get it all working - two for the steering remote (one specific to the Alpine, the other to the car), and another for the display in the dash. just from looking at the cost of it all, it's not cheap - may be £60+?

have a look on search as there are a few topics about it, and some of the online shops list the various different leads

I work for Alpine and have got a CDE-103BT installed in mine but cant remember for the life of me what part numbers you need ..... I remember we had to take the dash of though to install the interface behind the clock unit :) Was a great time for the guys to install my SPG-13CS' too :)
Wish I could get everyone the discounts I get but they'd get suspicious if I costantly bought head units / speakers LOL.

Anyway, give Ross Barry or Phil a ring on :

0845 313 1660

They'll be able to look it up for you in a matter of seconds. Tell em Stuart put you onto them LOL.

Clio 1.2
I work for Alpine and have got a CDE-103BT installed in mine but cant remember for the life of me what part numbers you need ..... I remember we had to take the dash of though to install the interface behind the clock unit :) Was a great time for the guys to install my SPG-13CS' too :)
Wish I could get everyone the discounts I get but they'd get suspicious if I costantly bought head units / speakers LOL.

Anyway, give Ross Barry or Phil a ring on :

0845 313 1660

They'll be able to look it up for you in a matter of seconds. Tell em Stuart put you onto them LOL.

ok cool will give them a ring :) ah lucky you wish discounts were avalible

is it worth the extra to get the CDE-103BT its no difference in spec just bluetooth aint it. is it good quality the bluetooth?

thanks

phil

It's brilliant, seriously, well happy with mine. Ask the tech guys and they'll be able to tell you about what other differences there are eg inbuilt amp. I just know that my Sony Ericcson C905 paired up to it straight away and syncs my phonebook and call list within seconds every time I connect it, and it dials from the head unit with ease. Works perfectly.

The bluetooth is excellent quality, you get a microphone included that you can put pretty much anywhere. I ran mine behind the dash, up the pillars to the left of the driver's side sun visor. It's out the way and picks up sound perfectly.

Couldnt recommend it more. Before you buy anything let me know and I'll ask the sales guys if they can recommend a cheap dealer to buy from.... unfortunately we don't sell directly :(

If you want a pic of it in situ just lemme know and I'll post one up.

330 Ci
to throw something else into the mix... i've got the CDE-105RI - Its an amazing headunit and i'm really pleased with it! controls my iPod beautifully and the sonic performance is superb!

It doesn't have Bluetooth as standard (and is more expensive then the others discussed) however it has a much better CD player 24bit DAC instead of 1bit DAC, better mosfet amp (which as we all know - a good headunit maketh!) and a few other things as well.

I run mine using the OE steering wheel remote (however i do have can-bus) and i didnt need to remove the dash to run wires to the OE remote - just a simple £45 adapter from MT Audio plugged into the loom at the HU end and i was away :)

iirc for £75 (or something similar - pm Mat "MT Audio" for exact prices) you could get one that would display the tracks in the digtial display higher up on the dash... however i couldn't see the sense spanking the extra cash to replicate the HU display 1/2 ft higher then it is on the HU!!!

Be warned though, space is tight behind the dash to slot all the block adapters and wiring in - i ended up stowing all mine to the LHS of the dash by the passenger airbag. This gave me enough space to seat the HU comfortably without the wires bunching up too much.... good luck with whatever you buy - as long as its Alpine im sure you'll be more then happy :)

330 Ci
fyi autoleads connectors aren't currently Can-bus compatible ;) I found out the hard way when i bought some for my install and they didnt work with the OE steering wheel remote.

Clio 1.2
fyi autoleads connectors aren't currently Can-bus compatible ;) I found out the hard way when i bought some for my install and they didnt work with the OE steering wheel remote.

ok cheers

so ill be needing a can-bus connector not the other one as mine is the "newer" connector

330 Ci
i'd have said so - get in touch with Mat (MT Audio) and he'll sort you out.. failing everything else post a pic up of the connector - I can't remember what mine looked like, but im sure that one of the audio twitchers on here will be able to identify it :)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

Hmm, i searched my system at work. The CanBus adapter for a mk3 phase 2 is £100. My Audio head of department said that the renault one USED to not work, however apparently its been revised now? I almost want to pay the £100 just to see lol. Anyway i assume this Can-Bus adapter is the one your talking about (after 04)

renault clio 1.4 16v
hello
im interested to this solution, i saw once a cable adapter but i think this can be done also by connecting wires, just we need the diagram what to connect :)
does anybody had tried this?
thanks