ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine 9851R tilting face not working

BMW 120i Sport

All,

Got in the car today, all of a sudden the tilt function of the fascia has stopped working, it wont even eject the CD thats in. I checked the manual and apparently its meant to return an error code, but i dont get any such thing.

I followed the instructions in the manual about pressing the "reset" button and to try ejecting again, but it seems to have stopped working completely.

Anyone any suggestions or had similar?

I bought it from caraudiodirect and i CBA to dismantle it all to return it, I may have to though.

use a crowbar?:sick:

Does it even turn on? any power?

If it does then try finding a secondary switch, my dads kenwood does...look for one.

Willy2

have you disconnected the batterty and re-connected to do a complete reset, you may be able to get the cd out

BMW 120i Sport

I ripped the headunit out the other night, and the tilting face started working fine... strange.

Maybe it was jammed in, or packed in to tight? The wires at the back of the headunit are a bit scary :eek:.