ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy refurbishment Bristol or Chester areas?

Arctic 182FF
Hi, looking to refurb my alloys as the last owner kerbed them up to f**k. I remember seeing somewhere on here that there was a place that charged just £1 an inch on refurbing wheels? Or I could have just dreamed it. Looking to get my 16" 172 alloys refurbed in anthracite. Just wondering if anyone knows of a good place to go. Preferably mentally cheap. I don't need showroom finish just a decent job and powdercoating really.

Thanks in advance

2012-09-10_13-53-37_606.jpg

Arctic 182FF
Ok great, how much did it cost you?

EDIT: Nevermind, just looked them up myself and they're looking for around £60 per wheel. Which is considerably more than the £16 a wheel I may or may not of heard about

Arctic 182FF
Thanks a lot guys, I'll be looking to go to City Powdercoating :) roughly how long does it take to be done?

Also very much interested in this. Keep us updated Barnett!

Presuming this is city powder coating of Birmingham? Could maybe combine it with a quick trip to the snowdome up tamworth. :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I dropped my badly damaged alloys with them on the Friday lunchtime. They were ready late the following Wednesday, but picked them up on the Thursday. One alloy was fire damaged and all 4 had real bad kerbing. Came back a treat. They are crap to get hold of on the phone...but for the price, you cant grumble www.citypowdercoaters.co.uk (IIRC)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've had two sets done, I dropped them off on a thursday, and collected them nearly 2 weeks later. The job was not perfect, but at £20 a wheel, they did a bloody brilliant job!! Highly recomend them.

Yes they may take a long time, but if you want fast turnaround and a perfect job, go to a bodyshop and pay £60 a wheel.

Arctic 182FF
Thanks Daniel, I might get them done over December then. Are there any companies or anything that do wheel loans? So i could borrow a set of steelies whilst my alloys are being refurbed or something?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Do what I did... Bought a set of wheels and tyres from yate car breakers (£60) and used them whilst mine were being refurbed.

Fitted my refurbed wheels, then sold the ones I bought for £90 on ebay! lol..

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I'm going to drop mine up to them in a couple of weeks and I think Luke wants a couple done too so we could arrange something and drop them all up together to save courier/fuel costs

Arctic 182FF
Sounds like a good idea but i'd need to source another set of wheels to roll around on for the time being first really

do some research on city powder coaters before you go ahead, they are very hit and miss, alot or stories of good work and alot of stories of bad work

Arctic 182FF
I'm not sure how much use researching them would be if there's good and bad stories really, what more am i going to find out?

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I had my 1.2 wheels done my City Powdercoating too. £120 for wheels off/on. They were in a massive state, when I dropped them off, and they did a great job on them. Can't complain at those prices.

Arctic 182FF
hundreds/thousands of bodyshops/powdercoaters all over the country

have you even bothered to go to local bodyshops/powdercoaters?

nope, I'm new to this area as I just came here in September for uni. City Powdercoating has come recommended by a few members and is cheap so that's good enough for me

never heard of google/yellow pages to find places close to you?

don't say i didn't warn you when it goes tits up