ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

All Time Low

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I purchased a new car this evening and it certainly is a bit of a step backwards. I've had some decent cars since joining Cliosport in 2008.

2008 Monaco
2-2.jpg

2009 Ph1
11-_.jpg

2009 TT
5-7.jpg

2009 Ph1
3-16.jpg

2010 Cup
DSC02091.jpg

2011 325
9-13.jpg

2012 Daewoo Matiz

DSC02289.jpg

DSC02287.jpg

She's a 2000 SE 798cc and pulls like a train!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just from reading th etitle I was all ready to give it the; 'Don't worry mate.....'

But I can't. There is no excuse for owning/driving a daewoo matiz. Truely awful cars.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Woah.

Did you lose a bet ?

Bad times.

No nothing has gone wrong, things are going very well if truth be told.

I bought a 3 bed Victorian Semi a year ago and all I have done in that time is decorate the bathroom, so I decided it is time I pulled my finger out. In the next 6 months I'm having a complete re-wire, gut most of the house (walls and ceilings), re-plaster and then decorate. I've never had loans for cars so obviously there was a bit of money tied up in the BMW that I need to carry out the work.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Just from reading th etitle I was all ready to give it the; 'Don't worry mate.....'

But I can't. There is no excuse for owning/driving a daewoo matiz. Truely awful cars.

Thinking about it, the title might be a little misleading. I certainly wasn't looking for sympathy, just a bit of a joke really. You are right though, got awful car!

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
The Matiz will only be for 3 weeks aswell as I put a deposit down on BG182 last week.

I intended on hiring a car until I found out how expensive that was, so I'm going to see if this will take my 50 mile a day commute for the 3 weeks. It was 350 quid, 6 months T+T and it has done 74k. Mechanically seems as good as to be expected but the body is a little ropey.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
How much did it cost out of morbid curiosity?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
No nothing has gone wrong, things are going very well if truth be told.

I bought a 3 bed Victorian Semi a year ago and all I have done in that time is decorate the bathroom, so I decided it is time I pulled my finger out. In the next 6 months I'm having a complete re-wire, gut most of the house (walls and ceilings), re-plaster and then decorate. I've never had loans for cars so obviously there was a bit of money tied up in the BMW that I need to carry out the work.

Fair play to you mate.

When I was in that situation me and the GF sold the 172 and the meg coupe and bought an £800 banger to tide us over. Priorities and all that!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If you've bought a 182 you cant of pocketed much from the BMW!

Matiz looks awful mate

PB Clio 172
is this thread real ? well It would hurt my pride if I used to own cars like you then look what you drive now !

pride is good kept i say ! :p

53 Clio's & counting
Fair play to you mate.

When I was in that situation me and the GF sold the 172 and the meg coupe and bought an £800 banger to tide us over. Priorities and all that!

so true this!

Iv gone from an £8000 Elise, to a £1000 ratty VR6 as as well as paying for a stone floor for my kitchen and down stairs loo, new carpets and a few other bits, now Claire is pregnant again, another Elise is a way off, but the Golf is plenty fun enough and I dont need to worry about having so much money tied up in a car.

Loving the matiz

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
If you've bought a 182 you cant of pocketed much from the BMW!

Matiz looks awful mate

Why's that? The difference between the BWM and the 182 will pay for a complete re-wire and then all 3 bedrooms/hall/landing/staircase plastered with new ceilings. It's then over to me to me to do the decorating, can't wait!

Matiz is awful, it made it from Liversedge to Skipton this morning though, just took 10 minutes longer.

An orange one
Back in the day, my driving instructor had one of those!

I learned and had my test in it and passed first time after 7 lessons :D it was piss poor, but I always have a soft spot for them for the reason that it did the job,

Mind you, once I'd passed I had a Saxo VTR waiting lol

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Dear god, that's a huge change, at least it's for only a few weeks. I'm trying to do what I can now so I don't have to sell the 330 when I buy a house (hopefully later this year). I told the missus if I HAVE to sell it, I'll prob get another 172, she didn't seem very impressed, hated my old one :(

Out of interest, what size wheels on the 325? And was it lowered?

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I did a few miles in TLC, great little car! Got a few pics of it in my garage next to my cup racer rep somewhere!

Did you go with Ad to the Ring in it? Out of the 172's I've owned that one seemed to feel quicker than the others.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Did you go with Ad to the Ring in it? Out of the 172's I've owned that one seemed to feel quicker than the others.

Yeah, was a really quick one. Not sure why. Was faster than mine by a mile!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Cheap cars are great life lessons, you come away from them respecting everything else much more.

I miss them